Frodo on 5.2 Unstable
I am having some troubles getting Frodo to playback smoothly on 5.2. I have followed the iOS tips in the wiki and done some searching here but nothing is working yet. I get lots of buffering, I'll start playback then will get booted back to the main Apple menu, and every so often XBMC will just freeze completely. I have also noticed with some videos during scene changes the video looks like it is in fast forward for a second or two, possibly dropping frames. It def isn't smooth. I wasn't having any of these issues with Eden.

I have two aTV2s that I updated to 5.2 and did the latest nightly update about a week ago. It was all done from scratch. Both are showing the same symptoms.

Here is my logs. I tried two different videos here both with lots of buffering.

Thanks.
using wifi or ethernet?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It is over wifi but that was also the case for Eden which didn't have any of these issues.

I'll see if I can find a cable long enough to try a wired test.

Any other suggestions?
no other suggestions. The fact that it worked on eden doesn't mean anything. You obviously updated ios too. So its not automatically xbmc's fault but might also be a wifi regression on ios.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ditto. Same exact situation here and I had similar issues with the Frodo betas and RCs. 12.0.0 final worked fine on iOS 5.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo on 5.2 Unstable0