Req TV Guide v2.0.0 with South Asian TV
First off. This program is EPIC! I just installed it 10 minutes ago and am amazed how clean the interface is. The only thing, I would like to use it as the main interface for my South Asian streaming service. What would be the easiest way of going about doing this?

I subscribe to a (legal) service, Yupp.tv, which streams a handful of South Asian channels to my PC. I can extract the rtmp links from these streams and make my own personal XML file to stream through the LiveStreams app on XBMC. Would it be possible to use my personal XML file to import streams into TV Guide?

I'm not sure what the XMLTV function does but am currently researching it. I'm under the impression it's for building up your own manual tv listings, but would I add the rtmp links to that file aswell? Thanks in advance for your help!
So it looks like you make a XMLTV file with the channels you want and the guide info, but it doesn't actually contain any rtmp links. Then from the program GUI you import individual strm links for each channel. Seems a bit tedious, but I'm sure Winther had his reasons. Is there any easy way to get the program to load links from the XMLTV file or from a single external database that contains all channel streams?

Also I found a XMLTV database creator called XMLTV gui. It doesn't have built in support for South Asian listings, but it does support scripts for other sources. Maybe we can make it work with 'whatsonindia.com'.
Hmm. Got step one out of the way. mc2xml is an awesome program and supports building xml files for Indian EPGs. I can create one and load it into 'TV Guide' and it shows the listings perfectly. It even has three options for Indian cable providers (Airtel, Tata, Terrestial Cable). The guide seems to be well populated but program descriptions/ thumbnails are nowhere near the level of 'whatsonindia.com'.

However I still need to select a .strm file for each channel manually... That seems like a pain. Especially since I have a nice XML of rtmp links nicely consolidated. I'll look into the python code for 'TV Guide' and see if I can decipher it. Unlikely as I'm only 5 weeks into my first CS class, but it's been fun. Tongue

P.S. I also looked into Frodo's new PVR functionality and seeing if I could use it to generate an EPG for rtmp links. Had no luck there but maybe somebody else knows of a way. It seems like it's exclusively geared towards digital tuners cards.
Did you get it to work?
(2013-03-01, 06:34)rizjuan1 Wrote: Hmm. Got step one out of the way. mc2xml is an awesome program and supports building xml files for Indian EPGs. I can create one and load it into 'TV Guide' and it shows the listings perfectly. It even has three options for Indian cable providers (Airtel, Tata, Terrestial Cable). The guide seems to be well populated but program descriptions/ thumbnails are nowhere near the level of 'whatsonindia.com'.

However I still need to select a .strm file for each channel manually... That seems like a pain. Especially since I have a nice XML of rtmp links nicely consolidated. I'll look into the python code for 'TV Guide' and see if I can decipher it. Unlikely as I'm only 5 weeks into my first CS class, but it's been fun. Tongue

P.S. I also looked into Frodo's new PVR functionality and seeing if I could use it to generate an EPG for rtmp links. Had no luck there but maybe somebody else knows of a way. It seems like it's exclusively geared towards digital tuners cards.
Click on the + sign below If I have helped you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide v2.0.0 with South Asian TV0