• 2(current)
WIP [MOD] AEON NOX (all Versions) Colored Movie and TV-Show Icons and Mediaflags
(2013-03-03, 14:14)BugRaider84 Wrote: Hi there,

first of all thx for your great work! I was waiting for some changes in the Aeon Nox when it comes to IMDB Logo and language support so this is just awesome...

But I got a few problems with the changes. First of all I had to change from skin.aeon.nox to Aeon Nox Master... now, I used the White Theme Appearance in Aeon Nox before and it seems that this Theme is not available on Aeon Nox Master which is weird because I thought that the master would offer me more options than less o.O
Do you know if there is the white theme around somewhere for the ANMaster?

Well and now there are the hundreds of icons... You put a lot of effort in this project and it is awesome, well I don't like colored Icons that much though... But if I stick to the Icons supported by the ANMaster Skin I get different ones then using my old skin. But I like the ones of the regular Nox skin like the simple 1080 logo or the 5.1 logo i.e. ...

Also I couldn't get the country flag rounded like you did (?) dunno why and you got the languages in the info screen on the bottom right corner... How did you do that?

With some more changes this would be an awesome mod for me .... so far I'd rather stick to the regular Nox theme. But I think a lot of people might love this the way it already is!!!

i dont know about the white theme as i dont use it, i need to look deeper into that.
Aeon Nox uses new icons and flags and the old ones you are refering to will be gone, thats why i startet this project, i might as well offer the old icons that you know as a download for the people who want to keep the old style.
the rounded country language flags are just available as of now as i was not finished yet, check the opening post for download link and how to install and make it visible.
Nice work man. I really like the IMDB ratings icon, some of the TV icons are too dark though (like the MTV logo) but nice (I modified them so I can see them) I prefer the new top 250 icon that Phil made but a combination of both is pretty nice.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-03-03, 20:21)neurosis13 Wrote: i dont know about the white theme as i dont use it, i need to look deeper into that.
Aeon Nox uses new icons and flags and the old ones you are refering to will be gone, thats why i startet this project, i might as well offer the old icons that you know as a download for the people who want to keep the old style.
the rounded country language flags are just available as of now as i was not finished yet, check the opening post for download link and how to install and make it visible.

Thanks for your fast response... Well the white theme is the most important thing for me using Aeon Nox... I'm a big fan of it and rather never change a thing than going back to black. So my apologies. If there is no way to add the theme to AN Master I will not go further into your skinnings ... Even if I really like it!
Besides that: Adding the old style icons to your mod would be absolutely awesome ... I love them! I don't like the new ones (in the Master Skin) at all ... they all look so boxy!
btw. I got some of the old Icons from an older version of the Master Skin and was just playing around - adding them to the new Master Skin. There was an issue though. The h.264 Icon didn't fit 100%. It was going over the left edge in the info screen. Another issue appeared to the 5.1 Logo in the info screen. This one was way to big. So maybe they need a little fix?
As soon as we figured out how to add the white theme I'll work with the flags. Thanks for adding the instructions to the main page.
(2013-03-03, 23:25)BugRaider84 Wrote:
(2013-03-03, 20:21)neurosis13 Wrote: i dont know about the white theme as i dont use it, i need to look deeper into that.

Thanks for your fast response... Well the white theme is the most important thing for me using Aeon Nox... I'm a big fan of it and rather never change a thing than going back to black. So my apologies. If there is no way to add the theme to AN Master I will not go further into your skinnings ... Even if I really like it!
Besides that: Adding the old style icons to your mod would be absolutely awesome ... I love them! I don't like the new ones (in the Master Skin) at all ... they all look so boxy!
btw. I got some of the old Icons from an older version of the Master Skin and was just playing around - adding them to the new Master Skin. There was an issue though. The h.264 Icon didn't fit 100%. It was going over the left edge in the info screen. Another issue appeared to the 5.1 Logo in the info screen. This one was way to big. So maybe they need a little fix?
As soon as we figured out how to add the white theme I'll work with the flags. Thanks for adding the instructions to the main page.

i know that at least two of the old icons dont fit but fixing them is not a problem.
About the white theme i think we have to wait a bit until its available on GIT.
Hi neurosis ... yeah I just figured that out too... Hopefully it will be available soon. Thx
Hi BugRaider84.. with regards to the white theme you have a few options
1) Try this download link White.xbt
And place this file in your media folder and select white under appearance/themes
2) create your own white.xbt from the files in your themes folder (assuming you downloaded your skin from GIT)
Hope this helps
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
(2013-03-04, 12:51)paul Wrote: Hi BugRaider84.. with regards to the white theme you have a few options
1) Try this download link White.xbt
And place this file in your media folder and select white under appearance/themes
2) create your own white.xbt from the files in your themes folder (assuming you downloaded your skin from GIT)
Hope this helps

This is just awesome!!! Works perfect with method 1...

Thank you so much!
Here we go ... in white Big Grin

Well there are still some issues though.

1. Some Movies don't pick up the country flag (underneath the Title) ... I'm using Universal Scraper with option scrape all from IMDB
2. Some Movies don't pick the languages/subtitles (ALL my movies are MKV)
3. A lot of Movies show Subtitle flags China & Korea (I never have those subs) even if it first says N/A
4. Some Movies showing more than 3 country flags for subs do a space after the 3rd one
5. Since changing all to the actual setting the following happens: If I watch the info of a movie and press backspace to go back to my library (using Wall mode) I can't move around for a couple of seconds to chose a different movie!

(2013-03-05, 02:18)BugRaider84 Wrote: Here we go ... in white Big Grin

1. Some Movies don't pick up the country flag (underneath the Title) ... I'm using Universal Scraper with option scrape all from IMDB
3. A lot of Movies show Subtitle flags China & Korea (I never have those subs) even if it first says N/A
4. Some Movies showing more than 3 country flags for subs do a space after the 3rd one
5. Since changing all to the actual setting the following happens: If I watch the info of a movie and press backspace to go back to my library (using Wall mode) I can't move around for a couple of seconds to chose a different movie!

i will try to answer your questions.

1. When a Movie is made from 2 Countrys the flag will not work and if the movie has no tagline there also will be no flag.
2. the language and audio streams in the mkv file must be tagged, otherwise no flag will be displayed.
3. this is strange, i checked it with a chinese movie and it works normal. (see screenshot, no flag unter the title because the country is China / Hong Kong)
4. then the country has no flag, can you tell me which subtitle stream you have as a third? i will try to add a flag. ( i need the correct spelling in the subtitle tag)
5. i have the same problem. i dont know why this is. I will look into it.

Why i don't have the audio info logo ?
(2013-03-05, 04:04)MaxCore Wrote: Why i don't have the audio info logo ?

just this movie or is the audio flag missing on all ?
Try switching to another skin like confluence and see if there's an audio flag there.

you can also try to play the video file for a few seconds and see if the audio flag appears then.
(2013-03-05, 03:15)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 02:18)BugRaider84 Wrote: Here we go ... in white Big Grin

i will try to answer your questions.

1. When a Movie is made from 2 Countrys the flag will not work and if the movie has no tagline there also will be no flag.
2. the language and audio streams in the mkv file must be tagged, otherwise no flag will be displayed.
3. this is strange, i checked it with a chinese movie and it works normal. (see screenshot, no flag unter the title because the country is China / Hong Kong)
4. then the country has no flag, can you tell me which subtitle stream you have as a third? i will try to add a flag. ( i need the correct spelling in the subtitle tag)
5. i have the same problem. i dont know why this is. I will look into it.

First to point 3. ... Sorry I may have been a bit confusing. I was talking about the flag appearance of the subtitles as you can see in my previous picture. It doesn't matter if it's a movie from China or elsewhere. It just very often appears China and Korea as subtitles ... and I definitely don't have them. Even sometimes the movie shows N/A for subtitles and then subtitles China/Korea (?) BUT after taking a look at the info of some other movies to confirm that, the subtitles of the movie with the picture above (and other movies as well) changed to French/German/Greek ... always in that order ... I took a look at some more infos and then it was German/Hungarian .... and now it's back to Chinese/Korean... Now I am confused lol

1. Is it possible to change that? for example if there are more than 1 countries show them all or pick at least the first country?
2. is there a possibbility to tag them afterwards?
4. Weirdly this problem doesn't appear anymore today (I did no changes at all except going to sleep lol)
5. Cool thx

If you need help somewhere even that I can't program or am a newbie anyways let me know ;-)

Oh well I might have just found the issue for point 3.:

If I take a look at the info of a movie with a lot of subtitles (got a few with 20-30 subs) it pics the last 3 subs of this movie and puts these flags at the end of the subs of every other movie! Hope you understand what I'm saying...

Oh btw. and I think (but am not sure) that Janapese audio language flag is missing...
Sounds like you need a new version of the script that handles showing this info.

If you open a movie info dialog for movie A which has 12 subtitles and then for movie B which has no subtitles, it will still shows the 2 remaining subtitles from movie A. The script version you're using only clears the first 10 subtitle properties. The new script version enables skin to show up to 99 subtitles tracks without problems.
(2013-03-05, 09:16)toiva Wrote: Sounds like you need a new version of the script that handles showing this info.

If you open a movie info dialog for movie A which has 12 subtitles and then for movie B which has no subtitles, it will still shows the 2 remaining subtitles from movie A. The script version you're using only clears the first 10 subtitle properties. The new script version enables skin to show up to 99 subtitles tracks without problems.

Works like a charm ... thx a lot!

Problem 3 solved !
(2013-03-05, 07:30)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 04:04)MaxCore Wrote: Why i don't have the audio info logo ?

just this movie or is the audio flag missing on all ?
Try switching to another skin like confluence and see if there's an audio flag there.

you can also try to play the video file for a few seconds and see if the audio flag appears then.

All audio flag work in confluence
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AEON NOX (all Versions) Colored Movie and TV-Show Icons and Mediaflags19