General question please help.
I have 4 HDDs connected via USB in one external case that automatically gets picked up by XBMC. Each HDD has its content set and is scanned into the library. Problem is when I remove one of the hard drives from the case movies from other HDDs are missing when i try to play them in the library mode. I'm thinking the drive letters are getting reassigned when I remove one of the drives which is causing the library to think some movies are missing. Would I have to manually add each drive as a source for this not to happen anymore? Thanks!
Hard to believe nobody has an answer to this. Maybe the way I explained was unclear. Say I have 4 externals connected to the PC all with movies (call them hard drives 1 through 4). If for example, I remove hard drive #2, then obviously I know if I go to play a file thats on hard drive #2 then it will say "file not available". However, I am also getting "file not available" if I try to play files on a hard drive other than #2. I never had this issue bfeore.
Do the file paths change in the operating system (e.g., in the OS file manager) when you pull that one drive from your enclosure?
(2013-03-02, 05:13)jz1276 Wrote: Hard to believe nobody has an answer to this.
Maybe it's the way you asked the question - how about some details? What OS are you using? (You say "drive letters" so I assume that it is windows, but assumption is the mother of stuffups).

If the drives are getting reassigned in the filesystem, you will be able to see that from your file browser.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I figured it out. I had renamed 3 of the 4 hard drives with the same label so the OS was adding an underscore to each of the 3 drives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General question please help.0