[Solved] Eject DVD in Aeon Nox 4.0
First post - loving my new XBMC install on OSX (mac mini) and Android (touchpad running cm9 nightlies)!!! I've wanted to get my own HTPC/whatever-you-call-it-on-a-mac setup going for 5+ years and am finally taking the plunge, though I wish I had a full rack of servers and DVD/blu-ray drives cuz this ripping business is way too time consuming.

Anyway the reason for this post was to help searchers like me find what took me way too long to figure out - how to get Aeon Nox to eject a danged DVD disc, since this is the machine I'm using to rip the vid -, the OS sees XBMC hanging onto the drive so the Finder eject fails, and the physical button ignores my furious presses:

1. Go to System > Skin Settings > Customizers
2. Select "Main menu item customizer"
3. Select the menu item you wish to add the eject function to (Movies for me)
4. Select "Set Submenu"
5. Enable a Custom set (I did 1-5)
6. Exit the pop up menu
7. Select the menu item you added the submenu to (Movies for me)
8. Arrow down to one of the crossed-out Custom [x] submenu items and select it
9. Deselect Disable
10. Choose Type > Pre-Defined Function > Eject Tray

Good to go!

Thanks to the contributors on this forum, this is the first frustration I've run across that didn't have a quick answer from one of you posters out there.

Oh, and Aeon Nox is awesome+1 too!
I see the 'Eject' menu listed five times as it is the single drop down menu. Is there any way to show only one instance of this menu?
Sounds to me like you added it to a section with no existing items in the submenu - since the submenu is revolving, that's what I'd expect. Either move Eject to another section like Movies or look for a setting to turn rotation on the submenu off (I don't see that option immediately).
I put this menu as sub menu to Play Disk home menu. Since it is the single menu, it repeats 5 times. I could not find the option to disable rotation of menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Eject DVD in Aeon Nox 4.01