Damn TVDB
I am mainly interested in sit coms and the only real problem I am running into so far is with American Dad! I feel like posting on thier forums but they make thier position on the matter quite clear HERE. Even though everywhere else you look like HERE and HERE for instance catalogs them correctly.... IMO. I also use EMBER and TVRenamer to ready my media and the latter totally made a mess of the episode names when renaming because it too uses TVDB. Not fun to fix. I've decided to not use TVRenamer on TV shows until a better scraper is made.

And I still have no idea about how to get American Dad! to display the way they came off the DVD's and how I have them sorted and named. And no! choosing DVD in the "absolute" options doesn't fix it. I also read something about the XEM add-on and it sounds like just what need so I dl'd it and enabled but xbmc still reverts to TVDB. I cannot seem to disable TVDB, options to disable/uninstall are greyed out.

This one show thing really bothers me so I ask this:

1. Are there any other comedy shows that TVDB is gonna give me issues with or is this pretty isolated case?
2. Anyone have a solution for Amercan Dad!?
nobody else has American Dad! in thier XBMC?
(2013-03-02, 09:35)Spawk Wrote: nobody else has American Dad! in thier XBMC?

Either that or they're all going with the official Fox season numbers of when the episodes were aired on TV, which are what TVDB uses.
It sounds like (but correct me if I'm wrong) you tried to change the scraper settings in the Add-on settings (System->Add-ons->Enabled add-ons etc.). This is the wrong way to change the settings for a source you've already set the content on. Scraper settings can configured differently for each folder, if you choose, so if you want to change the settings you have to got to the folder in question and change them there, rather than try to change them globally.

See Changing scraper settings for one show

Similarly if you want to change scraper (like to the XEM one), you'd change it at the folder, there should be no need to uninstall/disable the TVDB scraper.
(2013-03-02, 12:00)scudlee Wrote: It sounds like (but correct me if I'm wrong) you tried to change the scraper settings in the Add-on settings (System->Add-ons->Enabled add-ons etc.). This is the wrong way to change the settings for a source you've already set the content on. Scraper settings can configured differently for each folder, if you choose, so if you want to change the settings you have to got to the folder in question and change them there, rather than try to change them globally.

See Changing scraper settings for one show

Similarly if you want to change scraper (like to the XEM one), you'd change it at the folder, there should be no need to uninstall/disable the TVDB scraper.

Yeah, I've been toyong around a lot and finally ended up removing all my tv shows then adding the source again. This time it said "scraping with XEM" at the top right but still didn't get the right episodes.

I also do all these shows without any difficulties:

3rd Rock from the Sun
Family Guy
Friends
Mike & Molly
NewsRadio
Reba
Spin City
That '70s Show
The King of Queens
The Simpsons
Two and a Half Men

Not all of them are complete yet but what I do have is correctly identified

I guess I will have to manually edit the filenames to match crappy TVDB then... maybe we need a DVDdb that will just scrape tv shows that are released on dvd and use that order!
(2013-03-02, 20:48)Spawk Wrote: I guess I will have to manually edit the filenames to match crappy TVDB then... maybe we need a DVDdb that will just scrape tv shows that are released on dvd and use that order!

Tvdb also supports dvd order. So it's possible to have differing aired order and dvd order on the site. You also have to set this in the tvdb scraper.
Yep. Have this set for the whole source this time so all those shows are set to DVD order... doesn't help American Dad any but does help other shows like 3rd Rock where the 3D editions are at the end the season instead of specials.
Export the nfo files and artwork to "separate files" then edit the nfo's to how u want them ordered. File name them according to how TVDB gas them but also include the episode name as part of the file name. You let xbmc scrape the show and then export this back out. Now each show will have most of the metadata correct. Now using the episode names as a guide edit the file names of video and artwork and nfo's to have them in the order you want them. Then open the nfo files and edit the necessary tags.

I would also probably use xbmc in portable mode with the whole show in a temp folder as a staging step. Once I get the show to import properly using all the manually edited local metadata files into my portable xbmc instance I would move the show to my tv show library folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Damn TVDB0