Fails to boot
Hi,

I've downloaded XBMCBuntu 12.0 Frodo and installed onto my desktop PC, Intel CPU with Nvidia GF210 for graphics.

I have a strange problem, where when I boot up the PC it will go though the boot process of showing the XBMC splashscreen then instead of booting into XBMC a black console login screen appears asking me to login, however if I power down the machine and boot it up again it will boot into XBMC fine, its a bit hit and miss. I'm guesing something is failing to load? how can I go about fixing this? would I need to post a log? if so where are the logs stored?

cheers
have you tried logging in to xbmc using your user name and password you entered when you set up xbmcbuntu - once you have logged in correctly the next time you reboot you (shouldnt) have to log in again
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Yes I log in and I just get a black screen saying root, so switch the machine off boot backup I get the same, but sometimes It will boot all the way into XBMC
you will need to provide a debug log - I have the same set up - intel processor and nvidia gt210 and have no problems on xbmcbuntu

http://htpcguide.info/index.php?option=c...&Itemid=62

see here for info on posting a debug log
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fails to boot0