MediaPortal PVR Won't Enable
I've recently upgraded from Gotham to Helix and now my MediaPortal PVR won't enable. I've downloaded the TVServerKodi plugin for MediaPortal, but it just throws error's at me in Kodi. Can anyone help with this? Debug log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/pinxyh0ah
(2015-03-25, 22:08)RayW1986 Wrote: I've recently upgraded from Gotham to Helix and now my MediaPortal PVR won't enable. I've downloaded the TVServerKodi plugin for MediaPortal, but it just throws error's at me in Kodi. Can anyone help with this? Debug log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/pinxyh0ah

20:04:42 T:2500 DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MediaPortal PVR Client'
20:04:42 T:2500 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MediaPortal PVR Client
20:04:42 T:2500 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\pvr.mediaportal.tvserver\Kodi_Mediaportal_win32.dll)
20:04:42 T:2500 DEBUG: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
- LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH
20:04:42 T:2500 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\library.xbmc.addon\libXBMC_addon.dll" with error 193: "%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

"
20:04:42 T:2500 ERROR: LoadLibrary('libXBMC_addon.dll') failed

I'd first have a look at the libXBMC_addon.dll - see if it is there in the correct path, and if it looks okay.
(2015-03-26, 07:12)mcelliott Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 22:08)RayW1986 Wrote: I've recently upgraded from Gotham to Helix and now my MediaPortal PVR won't enable. I've downloaded the TVServerKodi plugin for MediaPortal, but it just throws error's at me in Kodi. Can anyone help with this? Debug log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/pinxyh0ah

20:04:42 T:2500 DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MediaPortal PVR Client'
20:04:42 T:2500 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MediaPortal PVR Client
20:04:42 T:2500 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\pvr.mediaportal.tvserver\Kodi_Mediaportal_win32.dll)
20:04:42 T:2500 DEBUG: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
- LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH
20:04:42 T:2500 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\library.xbmc.addon\libXBMC_addon.dll" with error 193: "%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

"
20:04:42 T:2500 ERROR: LoadLibrary('libXBMC_addon.dll') failed

I'd first have a look at the libXBMC_addon.dll - see if it is there in the correct path, and if it looks okay.
It is there, but how would I check if a dll file is ok? I'm not sure. Thanks.

EDIT: I just tried using the DLL file from Gotham, as I never had this issue with Gotham, but in it still wouldn't work in Helix.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing my Kodi installation to not connect with the DLL files? I had the same thing with the ImageLib.dll file, but I managed to fix that now by replacing it with the Gotham version. That method didn't work with this.

I really want to upgrade to Helix, and I've managed to iron out all my issues except this - but, without the PVR function I'd be unable to stick with Helix, and be forced back to Gotham Sad
I have had a little trouble with a new install on my Raspberry Pi 2 system, and I had got the username for the share wrong (case sensitive). Might be worth checking this sort of thing. Taken me hours to work out.
It's not on a share, it's all on the same PC. I'm pretty sure I have it all set up correctly as I've just reverted back to Gotham for now and it worked "out the box" so to speak. I'm just really confused why it's absolutely fine in Gotham but won't work in Helix? Baffles me.
I'm running out of suggestions I'm afraid. All I can say is that Helix is working fine for me here on a Windows 7 PC, connecting to a networked TV server. So, there is no fundamental problem.
Yeah, I'm leaning to it's obviously a unique issue for myself. I think I'll stick with Gotham for now then, unfortunately, and see where I am in six months. I've been considering re-installing Windows, so if I do, hopefully that'll do the trick, although I'd obviously rather not. Thanks for the help though mate, appreciated.
(2015-03-28, 20:28)mcelliott Wrote: I'm running out of suggestions I'm afraid. All I can say is that Helix is working fine for me here on a Windows 7 PC, connecting to a networked TV server. So, there is no fundamental problem.

Just a quick update mate, I believe I've got it working. I decided to give it one more shot, using 14.2. What I had to do was make a backup of all my 13.2 DLL files, and then enable the PVR, let it throw an error at me, close Kodi and open the log, replace the corrupt DLL file with the one from Gotham, and then rinse and repeat until it finally allowed me to enable the PVR backend. Had to do this for about five or six DLL files, but (cross my fingers) it's all working fine now.

Thanks for taking the time to offer solutions, it's much appreciated.

Ray.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal PVR Won't Enable0