Is comskip supported via the addon?
I too would like COMSKIP directly supported, but I just watch all my TV shows through "Recorded TV" (otherwise like a video file). It works great, but would be better if directly supported through XBMC (Kodi).

One of the huge benefits to an HTPC is to have a PVR function that skips commercials. Got used to that with ReplayTV and always hated that I had to skip manually with my Tivo HD. But happy with the work around that lets me do it via XBMC until such time the function is directly supported by XBMC.

You "Kodi" developers, keep up the good work. You have a great system! I have not used my Tivo for several months now! Love Gotham!
(2014-08-22, 19:04)ReplayHarry Wrote: I too would like COMSKIP directly supported, but I just watch all my TV shows through "Recorded TV" (otherwise like a video file). It works great, but would be better if directly supported through XBMC (Kodi).

One of the huge benefits to an HTPC is to have a PVR function that skips commercials. Got used to that with ReplayTV and always hated that I had to skip manually with my Tivo HD. But happy with the work around that lets me do it via XBMC until such time the function is directly supported by XBMC.

You "Kodi" developers, keep up the good work. You have a great system! I have not used my Tivo for several months now! Love Gotham!

Work around? Could you explain how to do this?
Can anyone elaborate on the comskip work around?
Is this work around? It was originally posted in the NextPVR section.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221476

dgeezer Wrote:There are a couple ways to make comskip work. However as stated above, it won't work in the standard NPVR Kodi addon.

1. Use an Npvr add-on called imagegrablite to rename your files to a Kodi friendly format. This is added in the post processing.bat after comskip. Here is my file as a sample:

@echo off
cd /d "C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Comskip"
hiderun comskip %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\imageGrabLite.exe" --oid %3 --rename --nfo

Then once your files are scanned into Kodi you can play them from the TV Library and comskip will work.

2. Use the X-newa plugin instead of the kodi pvr front end. If you record to a drive letter ie D:\NPVR_Recordings you will have to add a path substitution to your advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder so that Kodi can find your comskip files

Here's mine:

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>D:/NPVR_Record/</from>
<to>smb://192.168.1.14/NPVR_Record/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
Do I need to do anything special to get this to work with Mediaportal?
Have a look at this thread on the MediaPortal forum

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...ip.123855/

It concerns a development feature to allow comskip file generation while a recording is in progress.

I have tried this, and it works.

If I remember correctly, MediaPortal TV server does have a comskip plugin, although it only starts to process the files once recording has finished. The thread I linked to changes that, although you may not need it unless you need the specific change.

As long as you set up comskip in MediaPortal to use a file that Kodi will read from the share, it should work fine. I am not sure what files Kodi will read from comskip (.txt or .edl?).

If anyone wants to try it, I can provide a MediaPortal build with this included.

Best wishes,

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is comskip supported via the addon?0