Is comskip supported via the addon?
Everything is pretty much in the title Smile

I have setup MePo to run all recordings through comskip, and enabled the configuration options in comskip to output edl files that XBMC should understand, but when I play my recordings, nothing gets skipped..

Is this something that should, or shouldn't be working via the addon at this point?
Not supported at the moment. The PVR API has no support for asking the PVR addon if there is a edl file for a recording.
There is a pull request pending for opdenkamp that adds this.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
OK, thanks for clarifying :-)
Sad(((
But, you can utilize the edl file if you watch your recordings from your videos library.
It should also work with Frodo when XBMC and the MediaPortal TVServer backend are on the same machine. In that case, recording playback is done directly by XBMC. The MediaPortal PVR addon passes the local recording filename to XBMC in that case.

BTW. The required PVR API change for EDL support is already merged into XBMC master (Gotham alpha's). Next step for me is to setup comskip for testing purposes and extend the PVR addon accordingly.
Can somebody point me to a good manual for MediaPortal + comskip?
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
I had some fun getting comskip to play nice with my tvserver since if I had multiple recordings close together it would eat all my CPU as it processed the files concurrently, but since the comskip support in MP is pretty basic there is no way to limit this.

I put together a small app which basically queues the files and then passes them through comskip.
It's not super heavily tested, but its been running on my server for a few months without issue.. I'll drop you a PM with the link.
(2013-03-24, 14:45)margro Wrote: Can somebody point me to a good manual for MediaPortal + comskip?

In Media Portal you just have to enable it. I didn't change anything else. I think the only complete manual is the one on the ComSkip site. For me (USA) it has been working fine out of the box... I just made sure the EDL was enabled.

Thomas
margro, could you give us some information about the current state of this feature?
thank you
Current state is still the same. PVR API support is there in Gotham, but I haven't had the time to setup comskip myself and update the addon.
Patches from others to add it are welcome Wink
I just checked what the PVR API now offers with respect to EDL/comskip support and it is not possible to just pass a "moviename.txt" or "moviename.edl" file to XBMC.
According to the PVR API function documentation I have to feed XBMC with the individual EDL entries.
This basically means that I have to build an EDL parser first, which seems a bit double work, because XBMC itself already knows how to parse them. I just can't tell XBMC: "here is your Comskip/EDL file"
Therefore, my conclusion is that even the current Gotham PVR API does not provide me with the right functions to support Comskip/EDL in an easy way.
(2013-07-28, 14:59)margro Wrote: I just checked what the PVR API now offers with respect to EDL/comskip support and it is not possible to just pass a "moviename.txt" or "moviename.edl" file to XBMC.
According to the PVR API function documentation I have to feed XBMC with the individual EDL entries.
This basically means that I have to build an EDL parser first, which seems a bit double work, because XBMC itself already knows how to parse them. I just can't tell XBMC: "here is your Comskip/EDL file"
Therefore, my conclusion is that even the current Gotham PVR API does not provide me with the right functions to support Comskip/EDL in an easy way.

That's disappointing, is this on the horizon to be implemented in the future?
(2013-03-24, 16:14)Swifty Wrote: I had some fun getting comskip to play nice with my tvserver since if I had multiple recordings close together it would eat all my CPU as it processed the files concurrently, but since the comskip support in MP is pretty basic there is no way to limit this.

I put together a small app which basically queues the files and then passes them through comskip.
It's not super heavily tested, but its been running on my server for a few months without issue.. I'll drop you a PM with the link.

Would you care to share your app?
I am the only one that wants com skipping? It appears that the issue is dead. Sad
I am sure many people would like to have it. I understand that margro does not like to implement it with the current API options.
Hopefully the API gets optimized for this feature in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is comskip supported via the addon?0