Advice from those using XBMC and Mediaportal Client together
Hello,

I currently have a number of pcs, each running Mediaportal Client, in my house.

I enjoy the fact that you can stop a recording and reume in another room but understand that you cannot do this if you mix Mediaportal Client and XBMC - i.e. you cannot sync the resume/watched status between the two.

This is a little bit disappointing but I realise that it is not a major drawback, given the opportunity run something like Openelec on some tiny footprint software as opposed to a Mediaclient, which has the drawback of Windows, powerful hardware etc.

I just wondered if there are any people out there using a mixture of XBMC and MP Client and how they have got round the resume/watched status issue - do you just rember where you stopped the recording last and simply scan forward to the same place the next time you have to resume it?
I'm not 100% sure.. but I think this works fine if you are using MySQL with XBMC.

I do use MySQL, and I use the MePo addon, so can check for you when I get home if you like.

Pretty sure it behaves the same way the normal tv shows/movies library does though (which does allow you to stop in one room / resume in another)
Hi Swifty,

If you have managed to link up everything like that, it would be much appreciated if you could let me know what you did.

Just to confirm - are you saing that can watch something with XBMC, stop the recording and then resume it from where it left off, using Mediaportal Client?

What is your current hardware/software set up if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
Ahhh hang on, I misread your initial post... I thought you were questioning if XBMC supported the resume function between multiple XBMC clients, not if you could half watch something in XBMC, then resume in Mediaportal.

If that's what you are looking for then I can't see that ever being a reality to be honest, since I'm pretty sure that the addon just tells XBMC what recordings exist, then all the playback stuff is done by XBMC as with any other file - so the addon would have no idea how far you had got, for it to then 'sync' somehow with the Mediaportal client
Hi,

I was dreading you saying that - thought someone had found a fix.

As you say, there probably is no way to fully integrate XBMC with the MP Server database. Whether you could somehow install an additional XBMC MySQL databse on the same computer as Mediaportal and sync them, I don't know (probably not).

I was just wondering how people who used both XBMC and Mediaportal Client interchangably remember what they have watched already and where they watched up to. I suppose part of the answer is to immediately delete anything you have finished watching.
Not yet supported. XBMC supports updating the PVR backend with the resume time, but I don't know where MediaPortal stores this information. I can't find it in the TVServer recordings tables, so I basically don't know where to update the MediaPortal resume time value for a particular recording.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I totally failed in setting up the MySQL database to be shared with XBMC and now I can't even login to the database, although somehow Mediaportal is still working even though it must be using the same credentials root/MediaPortal that don't work when I use them manually. If anyone knows how to fix this, or even how to wipe the database and create a new one for Mediaportal from scratch, then once I've got that working again I'll have another go at adding XBMC to it.

I also couldn't get the Media access to work as although XBMC on my PC was scanning to the MySQL database and XBMC on the RPi was using the same database, it said "Media not available" everytime I tried to play anything on the RPi.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157672
Hi Margo,

Many thanks for the update.

I have asked on the Mediaportal forum for confirmation as to where, exactly, MP TVServer stores data about the resume status.

I shall report back on here if they can help with this.

Thanks
(2013-03-02, 23:48)margro Wrote: Not yet supported. XBMC supports updating the PVR backend with the resume time, but I don't know where MediaPortal stores this information. I can't find it in the TVServer recordings tables, so I basically don't know where to update the MediaPortal resume time value for a particular recording.

Hi Margo, hopefully we can get one of our developers to provide you the information you need here:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...us.115527/
If you are a MP Forum member please subscribe
@kiwijunglist: Done. Saw also the hint from Oxan at the MP forum.
I will test his suggestion and update the PVR addon if this is indeed the solution to sync the resume point between XBMC and MediaPortal.

Thanks to all for your help!
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice from those using XBMC and Mediaportal Client together0