Problems with Foxconn e-3250 and AMD 6310
Just got my nettop in today and loaded up Windows 7 home Premium x64. I have got all the drivers and the latest Catalyst drivers for the Integrated GPU.

When i installed the latest XBMC (Frodo) i immediately noticed that the interface was buttery smooth and everything looked great once I set up the overscan correctly in CCC. Here are the specs for the build:

Foxconn Nettop
E-350 Brazos CPU @ 1.6ghz dual core
AMD Radeon 6310 integrated GPU
4GB 1033 DDR3 1x SO-DIMM
64GB SSD that came with Newegg deal

THe problem I am having is the playback of h.264 MKVs. The video only runs at 3-4 fps and the UI is about the same. I thought it would be too much for the APU but then I put on a 1080p VC-1 MKV and the video and UI were flawless, as were any other codec.

To further test I downloaded and installed the latest Mediaportal and LAV filters. Everything played back perfectly. SO this narrows it down to XBMC and the APU not properly handling the h.264 playback. I know that it isn't falling back to software rendering because the Stream info during playback has the CPU at <10%.

Is there a trick to getting the 6310 to properly decode all video formats in XBMC? I have noticed that there are a lot of people playing this codec just fine with the same hardware. I know that it can handle it since mediaportal does it just fine.

I have used MP in the past but that was only due to the HD audio capabilities, now that XBMC has this with Frodo I would really like to move back to a more polished UI and integrated experience.

Thanks for you help.
In most cases the video stuttering is due to wrong audio settings in XBMC. Set the audio output and passthrough output devices correctly. Try WASAPI.
Awesome, thank you fo rthe quick reply, I just got on a 12 hour shift (should have brought the damn thing with me). I also read in the only other thread that was related that the realtek drivers will screw with stuff, will have to check that out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Foxconn e-3250 and AMD 63100