OS X Terminal Login name is 'ubuntu' ?
I'm brand new to anything apple outside of iPods, however I've dipped my feet into Ubuntu before, so I'm fairly familiar with Terminal and the file structure.
On my MacBook Air, I set it up to dual boot OSX and Ubuntu, but later decided I'd just use OSX due to HD size constraints.

I deleted the partitions, resized the MacDrive to use all space etc etc. Just now I've noticed that when I open a Terminal window, I see myself logged in as this

And I reeally don't remember that when I used Terminal before the Ubuntu installation Tongue

It doesn't really seem to be affecting anything from what I can tell...but it's an annoyance, bugging me ever so slightly.
Is there anyway to change it to show my actual login?
Not really XBMC related... but that's weird as hell. In any case, you should be able to change it by going into Mac OS X -> Preferences -> Sharing -> Computer Name

Whatever "Computer Name" is should be that first part of the prompt. For example, "nedMBP" is what is set in sharing for me and terminal looks like this:

Code:
nedMBP:~ nedscott$
(2013-03-02, 06:49)Ydoow Wrote: I'm brand new to anything apple outside of iPods, however I've dipped my feet into Ubuntu before, so I'm fairly familiar with Terminal and the file structure.
On my MacBook Air, I set it up to dual boot OSX and Ubuntu, but later decided I'd just use OSX due to HD size constraints.

I deleted the partitions, resized the MacDrive to use all space etc etc. Just now I've noticed that when I open a Terminal window, I see myself logged in as this

And I reeally don't remember that when I used Terminal before the Ubuntu installation Tongue

It doesn't really seem to be affecting anything from what I can tell...but it's an annoyance, bugging me ever so slightly.
Is there anyway to change it to show my actual login?

What does "uname -a" return?
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Terminal Login name is 'ubuntu' ?0