Buffering issue [FIXED]
Hello good people!

I've been using XBMC on my HTPC for about 5 years now and I've almost never had any problem. About 2 years ago I encountered a buffering issue that I solved by changing sync method to audio-clock. I can add that my HTPC gets all the media from a NAS.

Yesterday I got the buffering issues back, I can watch a video for about 5 minutes until it stops and buffers for about 5 sec. Later that day the router crashed, I replaced it with a really old router and the buffering issue disappeared (only watched one movie with this router tho). Due to this I thought that the buffering issue was router related, so I went to the store and got a new router (Asus RT-N56U) but the buffering is now back.
I've been trying now to get rid of the buffering issue but with no success.

I have installed XBMC on my main computer, same version of XBMC (v 11.0) as the HTPC and the exact same settings. But to my surprise I got no buffering issue what so ever on the main computer.

Now I'm totally clueless what to do to solve this so help would be much appreciated!

TL;DR
*HTPC get media from NAS
*Main PC get media from NAS
*HTPC buffering issue
*Main PC same XBMC version and settings as HTPC, no buffering issue on main PC
*Both HTPC and main PC got Gbit nic.
*New router

EDIT:
I get some warnings when logging on my HTPC that I dont get on my main PC.
Quote:20:19:01 T:2420 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
20:19:01 T:1652 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
20:19:03 T:2420 WARNING: CWin32DirectSound::WaitCompletion: timeout adding silence to buffer
20:19:39 T:1652 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
20:19:39 T:2420 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
20:19:39 T:1652 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

FIXED:
Hi guys, I found this troubleshooting guide and I solved it by updating my nic-drivers from realteks homepage. Hopefully this will solve it for others with similar issues!
Check your audio settings on the machine that has the problem. Play with them to see if it fixes thingg

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
I've played around with all the different audio settings now, the buffering issue did not disappear.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issue [FIXED]0