XBMC output from Macbook pro, via HDMI, doesn't fill TV screen properly
Hi all,
I'm having a problem with my XBMC picture, when outputting it from my Retina Macbook pro, via it's HDMI port.
I choose to mirror the screen of my rMBP and select 'match desktop size to TV'. This is the same setting I choose to use VLC and other media players and they play full scree, without any problems. This fills my TV with the picture from the MBP, but leaves the MBP screen a little compressed, due to the slight differences in aspect ratio.

Essentially, the XBMC Interface appears the shift into the upper left corner (of both screens) leaving a huge black border below and to the right of the interface like this:

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Anyone? This is driving me crazy!!!
HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
Don't mirror the display. I've run XBMC On my MacBook Air connected to a LED TV via HDMI, and it worked fine when configured that way. You can either tell XBMC which display to use or set the external display as the primary display.
Thanks pkscout... I finally managed to get it working. Didn't realise there was the option on XBMC to sec the second screen as the primary!!!!
Hi,

I am having the same,Can you please send me the screen shot for the option to chnge the secondary screen as primary.

Thanks for your time!!
See Settings/System/Video output (wiki)
Hi All,

I just started using XBMC with my late 2009 Macbook. I've watched two movies, and the first was on my Mac, and the second via my Samsung LED 5500 TV. The Samsung picture was as IcebergX's picture above.

I've tried making the Samsung the primary video device, and when I do, XBMC won't allow me to find the movie I want to play.

When the TV is not plugged into the Mac, I can find whatever I want and get the movie to play.

Can anyone offer any advise?
Yeah, the same advice we just said to the other guy. Don't mirror and then set your display under Settings -> System -> Video output -> Display
I plugged in the TV, set the HDMI to the Mac, XBMC is set up properly per the link with mirroring off. Result, my home screen shown in the TV and XBMC did not even come up on the screen even though XBMC played properly on my Macbook.

When I unplugged the Mac, and plugged it in, turned on mirroring, XBMC played on the TV. The Macbook screen and the TV screen would not let me find my add ons to play.

This Macbook won't play over Apple TV via wifi as it lacks the hardware to make streaming possible (its the 2009 budget model).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC output from Macbook pro, via HDMI, doesn't fill TV screen properly0