Controlling AVR via XBMC?
I was wondering if it´s possible to connect an ir-emitter to my XBMC PC, and send commands to my AVR with it? For example, I would like to change AVR´s sound field settings automatically to surround when watching video, and automatically to stereo when listening to music. My AVR has got an RS232C -port also, but I don´t know whether it´s possible to use it for changing settings?
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
I think you'd be able to achieve this with a harmony remote
(2013-03-03, 11:29)denz13 Wrote: I think you'd be able to achieve this with a harmony remote

I have harmony, but I haven´t figured out how to do this. Separate activities isn´t really an option for me. Any tips?

BTW, I haven´t found discrete commands for my Sony AVR´s sound fields, any idea where to find?
You could write a Python addon to control via RS-232c
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2013-03-03, 22:00)DDDamian Wrote: You could write a Python addon to control via RS-232c

Yeah right. Rofl It was over a decade ago I wrote "Hello World" and some basic PHP. Not going to happen... Maybe I'll just continue changing sound field manually. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Controlling AVR via XBMC?0