Req Default EPG Window
If I set the Default EPG Window to Timeline, when I go to LiveTV - TV Channels, it opens not the Timeline but a vertical Now on list. I have to open the side menu and go down to EPG: Timeline to see it.

There also doesn't appear to be any way to view the Radio Channels EPG to see what's on later or set a recording, as if I go to Live TV - Radio Channels it again just shows a vertical Now on list and opening the side menu and going down to EPG: Timeline switches to the TV EPG.
well, "TV Channels" is what it says - a list of your TV channels, not an EPG view. So the setting of default EPG view only affects the EPG view and not the TV channels view. What you want is the LiveTV button to directly jump to the EPG window - which IMO is currently only possible by either pressing "E" on the keyboard, a custom keymap on to any remote button you like or by modifying the skins home menu.

Don't think anybody ever thought about having a radio EPG as no dev is really using satellite radio. You could add a feature request for it in our feature request subforum.
It doesn't say "a list of TV Channels". It seems perfectly reasonable to expect it to present the TV Channels in the EPG View and this seems like the view that most people would want to go to, as it's what they use on pretty much any STB or other software to navigate channels/set recordings. I'll map my remote's guide button directly to the EPG as you suggest and modify the skin's home menu as well for now, thanks for the advice.

I'm not using satellite radio, it's just Freeview. It seems strange to have the vertical list view for Radio but no EPG. I'll add a feature request as you suggest.
The first issue appears to be a skin thing as I tried a different one and that had an EPG button on Home which took me to the EPG.
ah, you mean add a EPG button to the submenu in confluence? Yes, that's also a thing I'm missing atm. But good news is that the PVR windows are reworked (technically), so skins can integrate them in a more flexible way and improve the UI
Yeah maybe, although I think just linking the LiveTV main button to the EPG would be better as that's far more useful than the Now On vertical view.. I think I can map my remote button to go to the EPG (once I get my remote.xml actually working) with

<guide>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</guide>

but it would be good to have the main TV button go there as well, especially for users without a spare button for the EPG.

There also needs to be a way to view the Radio Channels EPG which there isn't at present (although that might just be a Confluence issue as well). I'm not sure if there's a (MyPVR) command that would do that.
I don't think there is support for a radio EPG view atm - didn't check the code. But this could change with the PVR window rewrite
I've made a feature request for this now here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158616
As a temporary measure, can anyone help me change the LiveTV button in Confluence so that it opens the EPG rather than the vertical channel list?

I know it needs to link to XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0) as that's mapped to my Guide button and opens the EPG directly but I've had a look at the Home.xml and includes.xml files and can't see what I need to edit. The Metropolis skin has a submenu off of LiveTV with an option for EPG which also works so maybe someone could tell from looking at the relevant file there what I need to edit?
(2013-03-08, 10:21)da-anda Wrote: I don't think there is support for a radio EPG view atm - didn't check the code. But this could change with the PVR window rewrite
there is support for it, but you can't display it (easily) and this needs some work. right now it'll only display that epg when a radio channel is playing
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2013-03-25, 17:57)opdenkamp Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 10:21)da-anda Wrote: I don't think there is support for a radio EPG view atm - didn't check the code. But this could change with the PVR window rewrite
there is support for it, but you can't display it (easily) and this needs some work. right now it'll only display that epg when a radio channel is playing

Ah yes, I was able to get it up by playing a radio channel. So I have hope and look forward to being able to access this without having to start a radio channel first Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default EPG Window0