Req Delay EPG loading/import until selecting LiveTV
This may be partly a MediaPortal PVR addon issue so I've reported it here as well http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156978 but it also seems to be related to the default XBMC LiveTV addon/feature.

When booting Raspbmc with the Mediaportal PVR addon, it takes a long while before it's usable as it first shows it's loading the EPG from the database and then importing the EPG from Client. I'm guessing this is a typo and it means it's importing/updating the EPG from the MediaPortal server.

If I disable the store EPG in database function under LiveTV, it's actually quicker as it only imports the data from the Client, so eliminates the first stage which seems redundant anyway if it's going to overwrite the database EPG by importing it fresh from the MediaPortal server.

I was thinking it would be much better if it didn't import/load the EPG data until I try to use the EPG as I may be turning on my RPi to watch a movie or listen to some music, so having to wait for it to load the EPG data when I don't intend to watch TV is annoying.

With XBMC on my PC it isn't an issue as it loads/imports the EPG in about 2s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delay EPG loading/import until selecting LiveTV0