Playback freezing since upgrade to Windows 8
Hi all, im having issues since upgrading to Win 8. Playback essentially keeps pausing then automatically resuming. Im not dropping any frames. If i play direct through VLC i have no issues. Ive tried increasing XBMC cache, any ideas?

Thanks In Advance

1. Nightly Build - 03/03 6c06a32
2. Windows 8
3. Phenom II 550
4. 4Gb Ram
5. Geforce gts 250 - Driver 9.18.13.697
10. http://pastebin.ca/2327778
Also probably worth noting that im playing from NAS
Can anyone help with this?

Cheers

Tom
I am having the exact same issue since upgrading to Windows 8 an Frodo on my Acer Revo R3700. I am quite baffled over this issue parts of me think it is network card drivers as when I switch between different versions of the Windows 8 / Windows 7 Driver I get slightly better an slightly worse results.

Only appears to happen on higher quality videos IE 720p and 1080p the video could be playing fine for 10 minutes, then it will pause and lockup. After 15 or so seconds the video will either completely stop and go back to the menu or on more rare occasions continue playing.

I stream my videos over a gigabit network from a media server. I will also try streaming through VLC like you did to see if that works fine. I may also attempt copying a test video locally to the machine to see whether I can rule out Network related or not.
Well ive just tried mine locally and it seems to play fine. So its only lagging via the NAS, but only in XBMC not when using VLC..
I haven't had a chance to try mine yet (In the process of updating the Nvidia drivers) but I bet I have the same result.
Hi,

I know this is an old thread - but did either of you find a solution for this issue - I think I'm seeing the same thing.

Thanks

Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback freezing since upgrade to Windows 80