Which remote control handset to use?
Hi

We just got our first Apple iMac machine, its a 27" iMAC. I just installed XBMC and am about to copy the enter Userdata and addons folders from my Linux XBMC PC to the new iMAC - hoping XBMC on the iMAC will then be setup the same as the existing Linux XBMC PC?

Anyways we will need a remote control for the iMAC to control XBMC. Knowing nothing about OSX what remotes can I use? Can I just buy of those little Apple remote controls like what the Apple TV's have? Or maybe a Logitech Harmony or something else ?

Thanks
(2013-03-03, 23:44)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

We just got our first Apple iMac machine, its a 27" iMAC. I just installed XBMC and am about to copy the enter Userdata and addons folders from my Linux XBMC PC to the new iMAC - hoping XBMC on the iMAC will then be setup the same as the existing Linux XBMC PC?

Anyways we will need a remote control for the iMAC to control XBMC. Knowing nothing about OSX what remotes can I use? Can I just buy of those little Apple remote controls like what the Apple TV's have? Or maybe a Logitech Harmony or something else ?

Thanks

Yes, the Apple remote will work. There is also the free XBMC remote app that runs on an iPhone or iPad that will work as well.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
I bought one of those silver Apple remotes. It works and I can navigate around XBMC and have basic control over the UI. If XBMC is closed and I press the menu button on the remote it launches XBMC, I never did anything to set that up it just worked !

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which remote control handset to use?0