Wi-Pi Wireless OpenELEC
I have just installed a fresh copy of openelec. I'm coming from xbian where the wireless worked flawlessly. my wireless usb device is the wipi that is sold along with the RPI. I have tried many variations on wlan0 and 1 to no avail. I haven't tried using a Ethernet cable due to the location of the device vs where the router is. I'm currently not sure of what chipset model is in the WI-PI as I'm not at home. I was hoping that someone else had bought the device and knew what it might be. The shocking part is that it works in other xbmc builds navtiely(xbian). Only reason I changed was couldn't find how to map network drive from other XBMC system. Once I do get home I will be able to locate the chipset info for everyone.

Here is the link to the wireless device

www.mcmelectronics.com/product/831-3058

has anyone gotten it to work? if so what is proper combination.
(2013-03-04, 18:55)Major Payne Wrote: I have just installed a fresh copy of openelec. I'm coming from xbian where the wireless worked flawlessly. my wireless usb device is the wipi that is sold along with the RPI. I have tried many variations on wlan0 and 1 to no avail. I haven't tried using a Ethernet cable due to the location of the device vs where the router is. I'm currently not sure of what chipset model is in the WI-PI as I'm not at home. I was hoping that someone else had bought the device and knew what it might be. The shocking part is that it works in other xbmc builds navtiely(xbian). Only reason I changed was couldn't find how to map network drive from other XBMC system. Once I do get home I will be able to locate the chipset info for everyone.

Here is the link to the wireless device

www.mcmelectronics.com/product/831-3058

has anyone gotten it to work? if so what is proper combination.

You probably got this working already but just in case others are having the issue. I just got a raspberry pi and bought the wi-pi for it as well and have also just installed openelec on it with the same problem. In the openelec setting I selected wlan0 entered the SSID and password but I was only able to connect to my local network but not the internet. It seems that for my case you just needed to fill out the gateway and dns1 information to get the internet working. and if you need a DNS ip you can use opendns 208.67.220.220
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wi-Pi Wireless OpenELEC0