• 195(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Thanks for that detail.

Yes I currently manually modify things in my MySQL database, however I am now finding 10+ releases per day need adjusting and its a losing battle.

The alternative is I will need to develop a script to iterate through my library paths, evaluating each file using mediainfo, and updating accordingly.

It just seems to me like one of the features that could be bundled into texturecache in the future, if possible! I hope it might be considered.
(2022-10-23, 15:06)yhs4260 Wrote: Thanks for that detail.

Yes I currently manually modify things in my MySQL database, however I am now finding 10+ releases per day need adjusting and its a losing battle.

The alternative is I will need to develop a script to iterate through my library paths, evaluating each file using mediainfo, and updating accordingly.

It just seems to me like one of the features that could be bundled into texturecache in the future, if possible! I hope it might be considered.
Since the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility is no longer being developed, this probably won't happen!
(2022-10-23, 15:36)rainman74 Wrote:

Since the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility is no longer being developed, this probably won't happen!

Nooooo! It's such a great utility that news really is a bummer. Has the dev abandoned it? Sad times.
(2022-10-28, 11:50)yhs4260 Wrote:
(2022-10-23, 15:36)rainman74 Wrote:

Nooooo! It's such a great utility that news really is a bummer. Has the dev abandoned it? Sad times.
long ago
I am not using fanarts on my skin. Is there a way to remove them all with texturecache.py?
Code:
osmc@osmc:~$ du -hs /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/*
25M     /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Database
4.0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/RssFeeds.xml
4.0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Savestates
3.1G    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails
Look my Thumbnails..... it's back to about 3GB of size. Inside there's jpg of two or three years ago.
In the pass i use this whit "P" and it's help a lot....... now it's not more in developing.

It's exist an alternative ?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2023-04-26, 12:23)DjDiabolik Wrote:
Code:
Look my Thumbnails..... it's back to about 3GB of size. Inside there's jpg of two or three years ago.
In the pass i use this whit "P" and it's help a lot....... now it's not more in developing.

You can still use the tool with "P" (prune). What speaks against it? It even works with the current Kodi version v20.1 & v21 alpha.
EDIT: I just came across the post regarding the sunsetting of the project. Bummer.

Perhaps this is a question for the @Milhouse script god! But if anyone can shine some light, then jump on in!

A little late to the game running Radarr and Sonarr. There's an issue that Radarr has had since Kodiv18 came out. They don't name images correctly according to the Kodi requirements. As such, all you'll see is poster.jpg and fanart.jpg

Aside from that, the NFO files it creates list the images using URLs rather than local paths.

I just ran the test example, texturecache.py jd movies "avatar" and the results showed that the images used remote URLs. I then ran that on the whole movies library, and I am getting a mixed bag of results.

Some are local resources, some are URLs, and some, mostly thumbs, are "image://video@smb...." I'm going on the assumption that the last one means there is no cached thumbnail for that object, and running TC c would correct that (I currently have it running in another SSH, so that might fix that).

The questions I have are;
  1. Is there any way to correct the errors that Radarr is introducing?
  2. Is there a way to correct the metadata in the NFO and Kodi DB, using TC, where it will update with local paths for those images?
  3. Is there anything that you can do to get the Radarr/Sonarr team working with the Kodi team to align their platforms so they work together in harmony? (being the script god you are!)
#3 was a long shot but worth the ask lol Wink
(2023-04-28, 02:45)rainman74 Wrote:
(2023-04-26, 12:23)DjDiabolik Wrote:
Code:

You can still use the tool with "P" (prune). What speaks against it? It even works with the current Kodi version v20.1 & v21 alpha.

Ok thanks for feedback............ try to add and need to remember how i can for good usage Smile
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
I'm not sure if this tool would be helpful for me, so I'll describe my use case.

I have a very old installation of Kodi. It dates back to... Dharma or Eden I think.

I recently discovered about the advanced setting for image scaling, plus I'd like to clean everything up. In all these years I'm sure a lot of useless stuff has accumulated.

Is there a way for me to do this without needing to purge the database and rescan everything?

Second question: when exporting the db and then reimporting, are the image caches rebuilt from scratch?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2023-06-07, 10:35)ashlar Wrote: Is there a way for me to do this without needing to purge the database and rescan everything?
Just backup and install newer Kodi in same path and your old Database will automatically converted to new version. The old database files remain unchanged during this process.

(2023-06-07, 10:35)ashlar Wrote: Second question: when exporting the db and then reimporting, are the image caches rebuilt from scratch?
Yes, but I would try conversion first, because this is much faster.
(2023-06-07, 10:52)rainman74 Wrote: Just backup and install newer Kodi in same path and your old Database will automatically converted to new version. The old database files remain unchanged during this process.
I'm not sure if I've explained my situation correctly... I have already updated the database. That's not the problem.

What I would like to understand is what would be the best way to have the db rebuild the image cache using the new algorithm I've set up in advancedsettings.xml, while at the same time eliminating all the cached images that are no longer needed.

I hope I managed to be clearer and sorry for any confusion.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Then that was a misunderstanding, yes that works fine with texturecache.py

For only one profile:
Code:
python texturecache.py C

For multi profiles:
Code:
python texturecache.py C @profile.name=YourProfile1 @profile.master=MasterProfile

Setting in texturecache.cfg
Code:
allow.recacheall = yes

And important: use Python 2 !
(I use Python 2.7.18)
(2023-06-07, 14:30)rainman74 Wrote: Then that was a misunderstanding, yes that works fine with texturecache.py

For only one profile:
Code:
python texturecache.py C

For multi profiles:
Code:
python texturecache.py C @profile.name=YourProfile1 @profile.master=MasterProfile

Setting in texturecache.cfg
Code:
allow.recacheall = yes

And important: use Python 2 !
(I use Python 2.7.18)
Tried this, backing up the whole userdata directory beforehand. Result is... mixed. Lots of movies and TV shows where the "current art" is empty. If I refresh manually both fanart and posters are downloaded and displayed correctly. Don't know if it's something I did wrong but the script ran for an hour and a half. This was the message I got at the end:

Code:
Cache pre-load activity summary for "addons/agenres/vgenres/albums/artists/movies/sets/tvshows":

|    banner   |    fanart   |     icon    |    poster   | season.banner | season.poster |  set.fanart |  set.poster |  set.thumb  |    thumb    |  thumbnail  |    TOTAL
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+---------------+---------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached        |     936     |     3060    |      -      |     3608    |       9       |       26      |      96     |      98     |      -      |    19341    |     2841    |    30015
Deleted       |     532     |     4340    |      -      |     4157    |       -       |       16      |     257     |     258     |      -      |    18492    |     857     |    28909
Duplicate     |    24483    |    26589    |    26974    |    25272    |      6131     |     21839     |     790     |     789     |      18     |     1211    |      3      |    134099
Error         |      15     |     1557    |      1      |     1536    |       -       |       2       |     161     |     160     |      -      |     1142    |      15     |     4589
Ignored       |      -      |      -      |      2      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      2      |     2466    |      27     |     2497
Season-all    |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Skipped       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Undefined     |      -      |     1262    |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |     1161    |     2423
==========================================================================================================================================================================================
TOTAL         |    25966    |    36808    |    26977    |    34573    |      6140     |     21883     |     1304    |     1305    |      20     |    42652    |     4904    |    202532
Download Time | 00:04:21.87 | 00:00:00.61 | 00:00:01.53 | 00:00:42.93 |  00:00:03.66  |  00:00:13.31  | 00:00:44.64 | 00:00:26.23 |      -      | 00:00:00.49 | 00:00:01.16 | 01:33:13.39

Threads Used: 14
   Min/Avg/Max: 01.00 / 06.19 / 46.00 downloads per second
   Min/Avg/Max: 00.00 / 00.33 / 16.25 seconds per download

Loading: 00:00:49.02
       Parsing: 00:00:02.19
     Comparing: 00:00:52.92
   Downloading: 01:33:13.53
 TOTAL RUNTIME: 01:35:00.43
There are lots and lots of pictures it complained it could not download. Is this solvable somehow? I could always go back to the backed up version but if I can fix it, it would probably be better in the long run, I suppose.

To clarify: could the utility be ran in a way that "fixed" the empty/wrong entries automatically? Because there's hundreds of them and it's not something I wish to do manually, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack, as there's no logic to it.

Edit: tried running with the "nc" command, it identified the entries missing artwork. Problem is that then, running it with the "c" command it errored for every one of them. As far as I can see, it's like it's trying to download from an URL where the picture is not there anymore. My db has gone through all Kodi versions since 2013, so thetvdb and themoviedb or imdb have changed their URLs in all these years. But now I don't know how to fix it, as I would like to only refresh the items needing to be refreshed to get working URLs.
(2023-06-18, 21:27)ashlar Wrote: ...

There are lots and lots of pictures it complained it could not download. Is this solvable somehow? I could always go back to the backed up version but if I can fix it, it would probably be better in the long run, I suppose.

To clarify: could the utility be ran in a way that "fixed" the empty/wrong entries automatically? Because there's hundreds of them and it's not something I wish to do manually, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack, as there's no logic to it.
If so many images cannot be loaded, it is probably because your NFO entries are very old (the scrape was a long time ago) and no longer correspond to the current status of the online film and TV show databases.

The only thing that helps is to delete all NFO files and then have your files completely re-scraped. There is no other possibility of repair. You can rescrape via Kodi or with the tinyMediaManager.
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17