• 38(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-11-30, 09:23)MilhouseVH Wrote: Just an update to say I've now reproduced the problem reported by redglory and the fix in v1.2.1 does the trick!
I can confirm it is running at the moment!

Let's wait for it to finish Smile

Will report back

WOW, ETA.... 17 hours Tongue
Image Image
It's done but I had some errors while caching due to slash's:

Here's the log

I suppose I need to re-run mklocal for banner to fix this slashed url's and then re-cache.

Running your command now as:
Code:
python texturecache.py fixurls | texturecache.py set @logfile=logs/tc2.log

It seems to be fixing...
Image Image
(2013-11-30, 13:11)redglory Wrote: It's done but I had some errors while caching due to slash's:

Here's the log

I suppose I need to re-run mklocal for banner to fix this slashed url's and then re-cache.

Will try it and post back to you.

The simplest method for fixing slashes is:
Code:
./texturecache.py fixurls | ./texturecache.py set

Note: if you're logging output, you may want to specify an alternate log on the second invocation of texturecache.py to avoid wiping out the first log eg:
Code:
./texturecache.py fixurls | ./texturecache.py set @logfile=/tmp/tc2.log
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
MilhouseVH,

I don't know how many times I've started to work on a script to do some parts of what yours does but its suffice to say that something else always took precedence. In this case, my laziness has paid off because your work is far superior to anything I would have hacked together.

Your work has made my RBpi box shine again and I humbly thank you for that.

I've read the entirety of this thread and it was cool to read the evolution of your work.
Have you considered a client/service model? It just crossed my mind while reading this thread.
You have some functions that can work remotely over the web/json interface but there are parts that must have access to the instance filesystem. If there were a service add-in that could be called through the web/json interface you could possibly just command the service install to do those local operations you need in some functions.

There are likely details that I'm not aware of that may prevent such a configuration. And maybe it is best that some of the evolution of this processing become native to XBMC.

Great stuff and again thank you!
Caching done (for movies...) took A LOT! ehehe

I'm going to prune because I don't use landscape and I've deleted every landscape.jpg inside my movies structure.

Finished:
Code:
Summary: 213 files; Total size: 56,374 KB
Image Image
(2013-11-30, 18:46)russg Wrote: Have you considered a client/service model? It just crossed my mind while reading this thread.
You have some functions that can work remotely over the web/json interface but there are parts that must have access to the instance filesystem. If there were a service add-in that could be called through the web/json interface you could possibly just command the service install to do those local operations you need in some functions.

There are likely details that I'm not aware of that may prevent such a configuration. And maybe it is best that some of the evolution of this processing become native to XBMC.

Great stuff and again thank you!

The majority of operations can now be performed entirely remotely. Gotham has added a JSON API for the texture database which means it is no longer necessary to have direct access to the userdata folder when pruning and caching. The only options that still require direct access are those that involve walking the thumbnails folder or checking if a particular thumbnail file exists (r/R, f, X, Xd etc.). If/when JSON Files.GetDirectory() adds support for the contents of the thumbnails folder, all operations will be possible remotely.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-12-01, 13:40)MilhouseVH Wrote: The majority of operations can now be performed entirely remotely. Gotham has added a JSON API for the texture database which means it is no longer necessary to have direct access to the userdata folder when pruning and caching. The only options that still require direct access are those that involve walking the thumbnails folder or checking if a particular thumbnail file exists (r/R, f, X, Xd etc.). If/when JSON Files.GetDirectory() adds support for the contents of the thumbnails folder, all operations will be possible remotely.

Nice! I really don't mind not having remote but it seemed there was some interest in the thread.
I know you've said you had no interest in a add-on but having this in a web add-on would be really cool. Since more than one web add-on can be loaded this wouldn't have to integrate into anything else. Obviously this sounds so simple from the one not doing the work. Smile

I noted that the mklocal.py header text says you can run the program without options for help output but I believe that's wrong.
It would seem if it runs that way it just waits for maybe stdin?
I will make an add-on for this
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-12-01, 15:06)russg Wrote: I noted that the mklocal.py header text says you can run the program without options for help output but I believe that's wrong.
It would seem if it runs that way it just waits for maybe stdin?

Yes, you're right - thanks. I've changed the header to say you need to pass the --help parameter.
texturecache.py (Version 1.2.2)
  • Add: stats option to output media library statistics. Optionally filter by class, eg. stats tvshows episodes or stats audio
@Martijn: according to the wiki the texture cache in the future will be auto-cleansing. Do you know if there is any time-line for this implementation in XBMC or is it pretty much loose at the moment?
@MilhouseVH: can your texture cache maintenance utility be used to clean this?

Thanks in advance for any information on the matter.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-12-01, 20:41)capfuturo Wrote: @MilhouseVH: can your texture cache maintenance utility be used to clean this?

Thanks in advance for any information on the matter.

Excuse me for jumping in. It seems to me that you can use texturecache.py to clear up the issue you linked to.
You can achieve it in several ways. If all that's change is the original file content and not the location and/or name then the "C" option can be used to force cache update.

You can use other options to view the location the cache was pulled from and modify it as well.
(2013-12-01, 20:41)capfuturo Wrote: @MilhouseVH: can your texture cache maintenance utility be used to clean this?

I've added "Extras" folder support to v1.2.3 of texturecache,py (just pushed to git). Enable with "@cache.videoextras=yes" or "@cache.extra=yes" (the latter also enabling extrafanart and extrathumbs). Having enabled this support you should be able to prune and cache the extras artwork. Note that only the Extras (or extras) subfolder is supported, not -extras- (same directory) or a remote location.
(2013-12-02, 01:23)MilhouseVH Wrote:
I've added "Extras" folder support to v1.2.3 of texturecache,py (just pushed to git). Enable with "@cache.videoextras=yes" or "@cache.extra=yes" (the latter also enabling extrafanart and extrathumbs). Having enabled this support you should be able to prune and cache the extras artwork. Note that only the Extras (or extras) subfolder is supported, not -extras- (same directory) or a remote location.
@MilhouseVH: thank you very much for this addition that will surely help many. You are a gentleman.

@rusgg: thank you mate for getting back with help, I appreciate it.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
I deleted all *.tbn files from my media folders, what command would delete all references to *.tbn from my library? I find that texturecache.py is still looking for them if I run texturecache.py C, what command should I run to delete *.tbn references and force *.jpg downloads?
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17