vidon.me set top box
What you guys think about this box
Vidon.me stb
ImageImage
intel G530/BIostar th67+/Cx430/2x4gb ripjaws x 1600/N mediapc 1000B case/N media lcd/Asus gt520/60gb adata ssd.os/2tb spinpoint 5400 rpm. Media/Hp dvd rw
I wouldn't buy it,......call it a gut feeling.

Plus the specifications are missing for some things,..such as it didn't say what OS.
and only 512M of ram?? and no internal HDD (or SSD),....I suppose they're expecting you to hook up a external HD, or just use remote media.
Im getting as a free gift bought dvdfab lifetime package
Thinking it some kind of Linux os supose to be running frodo will see when it gets her hoplfully it will play hd videos over wired lan
ImageImage
intel G530/BIostar th67+/Cx430/2x4gb ripjaws x 1600/N mediapc 1000B case/N media lcd/Asus gt520/60gb adata ssd.os/2tb spinpoint 5400 rpm. Media/Hp dvd rw
Wondering if you got the STB yet, if whether it works well or not.
(2013-04-03, 20:47)ertman Wrote: Wondering if you got the STB yet, if whether it works well or not.
Just left Hong Kong on the 16thSad i will let you know how it plays out

(2013-04-03, 20:47)ertman Wrote: Wondering if you got the STB yet, if whether it works well or not.
Just left Hong Kong on the 16thSad i will let you know how it plays out
ImageImage
So it looks like they're an official sponsor now. Gotta love options.
Thanks for pointing that out... now only if we knew more about their products.... and whether they work.
Mine shipped on 4/11 and I still don't have it, I'm guessing that jonatan doesn't have his yet either. I'll let you know if/when I get mine.
Hello I am new to this forum. My box Depart USPS Sort Facility May 22, 2013 BETHPAGE, NY 11714 I am located in Alabama. So hope I see it in the next 5 days or so...

I am just looking for info on the box and if any issues. I will be checking back Smile
Junk
Good thing it was free or i would be really mad
ImageImage
Good to see you over here,

I did pay for mine, and that is exactly how I feel.

where did you post for help on this POS. There has to be a way to get it to 98% (I hope)
(2013-05-25, 16:49)dfran1 Wrote: Good to see you over here,

I did pay for mine, and that is exactly how I feel.

where did you post for help on this POS. There has to be a way to get it to 98% (I hope)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165642
ImageImage
VidOn.Me Set Top box. HuhHuh

Got mine yesterday. User manual basically useless! Sad

Hooked it up to cable modem via Ethernet cable.

I can see the connection on my ARRIS cable box.

HDMI connection to my 720p. I see the VidOn.me MENU Okay.

Unable to get the firmware update to download... Getting error

Have not hooked up my 1 and 2 TB WD drives yet.

Plugged in a thumb drive with a MP4 file - Dark Shadows
Plays Okay. Was not created via DVDFAB, got it from my Son.

Remote control: Cannot Pause video.. Cuts off the audio but video keeps playing.

Not sure if the new firmware will fix anything. Will still try to get the update to download.

NOT really impressed! Sad Hope someone can get it to work. Smile
Dear jonatan

Thanks for the information.

We have noticed your post in the forum. But our developers are trying to fix this problem. Yet, we have not got any reply from them. Please kindly give us some more time. Thanks.

Or, if you don't want to wait, we have reported your case to our supervisor and we agree to refund you $35 for the Set-Top-Box. As you know, the Set-Top-Box is a free gift for your order #*******. Do you think this is OK? Please kindly feedback. Thanks and have a nice day!

What a joke
ImageImage
I think VidOn.me are trying to do the right thing, but they've grossly underestimated the whole android set-top-box "thing". They thought they could just get any bulk box from China and have it work. Even when the boxes look the same and have the same basic board inside, they can vary greatly on actual configurations, firmware, quality, etc. Even dealing with major manufacturers directly, like Geniatech, can be very challenging, because even they don't always care about the details and just want to ship this stuff as cheaply as possible. The middle company often has to "babysit" those manufacturers to make sure everything goes right, that they use the right materials and populate the boards with the correct electronics, and so on. It sounds like VidOn.me is learning all of this right now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
vidon.me set top box0