Linux Compiling openElec with a custom XBMC (fernets master branch)
I did a fresh clone of the openElec master branch today and compiled it (with xbmc from the xbmc github ie not editted). All went well!

I then deleted the xbmc & xbmc-Confluence folders from the build folder and amended the "mkpkg_xbmc-frodo" to pull xbmc master from your github.

Ran the above script. Made sure tar, urls and md5 were present. Starting building (didnt touch the patches, therefore any that oe uses are being applied)...

It failed when installing crystalhd.
Code:
INSTALL  crystalhd
cp: cannot stat `/tools/EventClients/Clients/XBMC Send/xbmc-send.py': No such file or directory
make: *** [release] Error 1

Am I doing something wrong. I was not pulled the pvr-addons from your github as I wanted to limit the possible cause of a failed build to one source first. If it had worked I would then rebuild with vnsi4 branch.

This was the process I used to use when making custom OE builds a few months ago, I also had to rename the meta but they already matched:
PKG_VERSION="12.0.3"

I don't know if it is to do with a change in openelec where patches are no longer renamed to match the package version?

Any help appreciated.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2013-03-06, 22:36)charlie0440 Wrote:
Code:
INSTALL  crystalhd
cp: cannot stat `/tools/EventClients/Clients/XBMC Send/xbmc-send.py': No such file or directory
make: *** [release] Error 1

Looking at fernenetmenta's github, the xbmc-send.py files looks identical to the one in xbmc's github

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
If i remember well, the master branch of Fernetmenta git is not maintain, you have to use another branch (frodo for example).
my master of my XBMC repo is well maintained. This is not the case for my master of addon repo.

You don't apply any OE patches on top of my master, do you? Those may interfere because many OE patches are from my repo.
notice the space in "XBMC Send"?
(2013-03-07, 18:25)wsnipex Wrote: notice the space in "XBMC Send"?

Not following. Are you saying its cause linux can't handle spaces and needs a "\"?

Its spelt the same "XBMC Send" in XBMCs master github

XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
yes, thats what I'm saying, spaces in filenames need quoting.

Don't know what exactly OE is doing there, but this is what the Eventclients Makefile(tools/EventClients/Makefile) does for install:

Code:
cp -a Clients/XBMC\ Send/xbmc-send.py $(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/xbmc-send

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling openElec with a custom XBMC (fernets master branch)0