(SOLVED) Weird playback problems
Hello.

This is my first post to xbmc, but I'm not a newb to the htpc world.

I'm having a playback issue with the default player in xbmc. VLC works just fine, as I've already tested it.

When playing videos in xbmc, these waves or horizontal bars about 3-4" in height appear in a rolling motion from top to bottom, and they only go a short distance, maybe an inch. They appear fast and go away just as quickly.

I've tried the settings mentioned in the sticky, but it still continues to do it. At first I had a lot of jittery playback, and I fixed that issue with the recommended settings, but the wave problem showed up after that.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Post details of your hardware setup, please.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

You'll need to provide some information about your setup:
  • System or motherboard make/model;
  • CPU make/model;
  • graphics card (or on-board graphics) make/model;
  • amount of RAM;
  • Windows version;
  • video driver and version;
  • Is it local, file server or streaming video content?
Also, upload a debug log (wiki) to www.xbmclogs.com showing a video playing for a few minutes with that rolling motion. Post the assigned URL for the uploaded log here.
AsRock G31M-GS
E6600 Core 2 Duo
2GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
EVGA GeForce 8400 GS (HDMI)
Wireless N adapter on 802.11ac network
LG 42" LCD 1080p (via HDMI)

I have the latest nvidia drivers
Sorry, disregard.

After enabling Vertical Blank Sync with Enabled during Video Playback in the Settings>Video Menu the problem has went away and it plays perfect now.

Thanks.
Ah, the simple solution is always the best! If you don't mind, please do an EDIT > Full Edit on your first post and add "[SOLVED]" to the title so others know it's no longer an outstanding problem. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(SOLVED) Weird playback problems0