Bello v1.5.5

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Votes - 4.67 Average
nessus Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2013-03-07 18:25)Maxoo Wrote:  One thing though (and I am only saying that as a my personal feel), I think this view :
http://i.imgur.com/8VlQopE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TJ2rpxy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kpIft2z.jpg
would look better and fit the skin more if the artworks were borderless.
Already tested and i didn't like it. Reminded me those metro themes all over place.

(2013-03-07 20:17)Saner Wrote:  One request if possible, would it be possible to have the front menu editable.

I use smart playlists to separate the movies on my box and really need the feature (babysitter gets confused) apologies if I have missed the option.
Custom home menus entry's will be added later.

(2013-03-07 20:43)thatguy7669 Wrote:  one thing i did notice was the log file was complaining about not finding the right font. it kept looking for defaultcaps/dejavusans and you've provided OpenSans-light/regular.
Thanks. Those must be references in font file for the old fonts in Confluence. It will be removed.

(2013-03-07 20:47)Montellese Wrote:  Nice work.

The only thing I've noticed that didn't seem right so far is that there's a "ViewType Options" in every view but there are no real options available (or I only checked the ones without options).
Also the navigation in "My Movies" etc is a bit odd as you can press Down to get to another list but pressing Up brings you back to the main menu.

Furthermore the font seems to have problems with Umlaut, see
[Image: screenshot001wxp.png]

Last but not least a suggestion: Though I like the violet colouring it would be awesome if there were other colour options. I know this is probably not easy because a lot of the colours and effects are achieved through images but having different colour themes would be awesome.
The empty "ViewType Options" are there for future use. The navigation in home SkinWidgets is like that to make it easy navigate with a remote control so you don't need to press Esc or Back to exit. Just press down to bring the SkinWidgets categories or press up to exit. It seems to me the easiest way but if it is confusing to the most of the users i will change it. The fonts (OpenSans) are customized by me. It seems i miss that. Will fix it. I think the colors are fine. I've tested many combinations and i like it like they are now. The different color themes are on my to-do list but not on my top priorities.

(2013-03-07 20:58)fodster Wrote:  Great skin good views one suggestion in gallery view at episode level what about using the episode thumb instead of fanart or use extrafanart to cycle the image
The episode thumbs are very low resolution and usually with bad quality. That's why i didn't add it but i will see what i can do. Maybe clear art or clear logo looks better. There will not be any support for Extra fanart in this skin at least for now.

(2013-03-07 21:18)baruchin Wrote:  Some questions:
1. Does the skin support video addons, is there a dedicated shortcut in Main Menu?
2. Does it have banner views for tv shows?
3. Does OSD have buffering progress bar when playing streaming content?

Thank you, and congratulations!
1. It will when i add the custom home menu entry's future.
2. No atm but i can add the Global Search script layout as view. What do you think ?
3 Yes.

Thank you all for your kind words and comments and the feedback.

Cheers
Nessus
find quote
rbcarnevale Offline
Great work ! Really beautiful!
find quote
Japaja Offline
Fan
Good job, I knew you'd do it. Smile There are so many details that I like, some of which make me wonder, why no one did that before. Just one thing concerning RSS and that's to maybe make the global feed be persistent instead of reloading on screen change?

[Image: all-thin-fanart@2x.jpg]
find quote
Saner Offline
(2013-03-08 01:16)nessus Wrote:  
(2013-03-07 20:17)Saner Wrote:  One request if possible, would it be possible to have the front menu editable.

I use smart playlists to separate the movies on my box and really need the feature (babysitter gets confused) apologies if I have missed the option.
Custom home menus entry's will be added later.

Brilliant, thank you.

I have found a new skin to use then, I was really impressed with the speed of it last night when using it.
find quote
peppe_sr Offline
Fan
i'm really impressed it is a great job.
i have tested and i find it fine and really usable.
only two things to say:
- in music visualizzation mode (pressing tab on while a song plays) sometimes the text, overlap itself. (i add a screen shot when i come back at home).
- in music mode it does not remember file mode. it goes always back to library (don't know if it's a bug or a style chose)
for the rest....i thing your skin is amazing
peppe
find quote
MassIV Offline
Donor
Hey Nessus,

Been waiting to see your work. Here i thought this would be a boring weekend Wink
I'll be back with some feedback after giving it a spin.

-edit-
It was Milkdrop, not the skin.
(This post was last modified: 2013-04-18 12:47 by MassIV.)
find quote
zedika Offline
So Phyek's mockups have finally been made into a skin.
Many have tried to make this skin a reality and none have until now been able to do it.

Congratulations Nessus and great work on realising one of the most talked about skins on the XBMC forums! Seriously great job A+ man.
find quote
badboy123 Offline
From looking at the screenshots, this is going to be my new skin for a while.

Excellent work :-)
find quote
locomot1f Offline
Posting Freak
peace Nessus,

Great work! loving this skin, and the PURPLE theme! my fav!

for me, the only thing
- there is an option for background video on the home screen. is there supposed to be and animated background (PS 3 style)? It doesn't work on my ATV 2. Not a big deal though.
- on the Music Fullscreen... is there an option to remove the color overlay. for me, it takes away from the artist slideshow.

thanks again for your excellent work. Hoping this skin stays around for a while!

ATV 2
XBMC 12 - Frodo
(This post was last modified: 2013-03-08 17:48 by locomot1f.)
find quote
deh2k7 Offline
Donor
Had a chance to test it out last night. Skin is beautiful and works smoothly. I'll continue to test it out and provide feedback
find quote
Baswazz Offline
Fan
Great to see it finally came to life. I hope it will work on my Raspberry Pi. I will check it out tonight.
In the screenshots the movie gallery looks a little dark but i have to see it action first.

Frontend : Running on AMD Fusion A6-3500
Frontend : Raspberry PI (Raspbmc)
Remote : Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid (revised) / Boxee remote
Ziggo TV Channel Logo Pack (Dutch)
find quote
idaho Offline
Open the forum > oh there is a new skin > open thread > seeing the screens > looks cool > download and test > Absolutly awesome!

after now using xbmc for over 6 years i think i've found my skin . really loving it.

great work, keep on !!
find quote
bigbodiehard Offline
Amazing work especially the wall views only problem with wall view is navigation is only right or left and when you have a big library it can become tiresome navigating.
[Image: xbmc3.jpg]
find quote
nessus Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2013-03-08 10:03)peppe_sr Wrote:  - in music visualizzation mode (pressing tab on while a song plays) sometimes the text, overlap itself. (i add a screen shot when i come back at home).
I am not sure what you mean. Indeed an screenshot will be useful.

(2013-03-08 10:03)peppe_sr Wrote:  - in music mode it does not remember file mode. it goes always back to library (don't know if it's a bug or a style chose)
peppe
The home music button always goes to library mode and remembers the library mode position. For music files i can add a separated button that goes always to music files or i can put a option in settings that you can choose where the "Music" button leads. I'll think about it.

(2013-03-08 15:14)MassIV Wrote:  Playing songs crashes xbmc completely for me. Looks like either Milkdrop or artistslideshow addon.
Don't have enough time to look at it atm, but here is the log in case.
Log: http://pastebin.com/5NCZmNF7
MassIV... can't reproduce it in two systems with different hardware and on WinXP/Win7/Ubuntu with Frodo 12 Final and 20130222-2afa9c4-master nightly. The log file doesn't show serious errors although i am not an debug log expert.

(2013-03-08 17:14)locomot1f Wrote:  - there is an option for background video on the home screen. is there supposed to be and animated background (PS 3 style)? It doesn't work on my ATV 2. Not a big deal though.
- on the Music Fullscreen... is there an option to remove the color overlay. for me, it takes away from the artist slideshow.
1. The Video Background option is just for choosing if you want to see the currently playing video in the background or not.
2. I can add an skin setting for that later on.

(2013-03-08 23:36)bigbodiehard Wrote:  Amazing work especially the wall views only problem with wall view is navigation is only right or left and when you have a big library it can become tiresome navigating.
That's by design in those views thus the fixed positions for the blue glow, poster, and plot info. Maybe in future will add one more wall view with the classic navigation way without glows and info.

(2013-03-08 01:46)Japaja Wrote:  Just one thing concerning RSS and that's to maybe make the global feed be persistent instead of reloading on screen change?
Yea... you are right about that. Maybe i will add Hitcher's idea from here.

One more time i wanna thank you all for the feedback and the good words. Keep it coming....!!!

Cheers
Nessus
(This post was last modified: 2013-03-09 01:30 by nessus.)
find quote
peppe_sr Offline
Fan
(2013-03-09 00:57)nessus Wrote:  
(2013-03-08 10:03)peppe_sr Wrote:  - in music visualizzation mode (pressing tab on while a song plays) sometimes the text, overlap itself. (i add a screen shot when i come back at home).
I am not sure what you mean. Indeed an screenshot will be useful.

you are right.... i wasn't too clear. here is a video.
http://youtu.be/Pk2g3fTXMP0
when text go in horizzontal no problem, in vertical or diagonal it has some artefacts. here xbmc is windowed but on fullscreen i have the same results. don't know if a log could help!

(2013-03-09 00:57)nessus Wrote:  
(2013-03-08 10:03)peppe_sr Wrote:  - in music mode it does not remember file mode. it goes always back to library (don't know if it's a bug or a style chose)
peppe
The home music button always goes to library mode and remembers the library mode position. For music files i can add a separated button that goes always to music files or i can put a option in settings that you can choose where the "Music" button leads. I'll think about it.

i love second chance, but you are the boss, i will wait evolutions.

for the rest it is great.

......do you think to use transifex for translations?

Peppe
find quote