Bello v1.5.5

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Votes - 4.67 Average
JesusOnEez Offline
I would imagine that we won't see a Gotham version of Bello from Nessus until TLBB goes over to Gotham. He'll develop for that first and foremost as it's his job to do so. Then, if he has the spare time and the permission of his employers, a Gotham version for us lot will spin off from that.

Don't mean to second guess what Nessus's plans are, I love the skin, but from an employment perspective this is most likely what will happen.
find quote
patseguin Offline
Donor
Yeah you're probably right. I don't see why he needs permission from TLBB people though. Bello is already an open source project. All someone has to do is mod it to be Gotham compatible. Changing the version number in the XML got basic functionality working for me but no custom home items.

Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x 3TB drives and DSM 5.0
Main HTPC: Home built Intel core i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Rii micro keyboard remote, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, OpenElec 4.1.2
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony Google TV, OpenElec 4.1.2
find quote
azrael17 Offline
(2014-03-24 15:20)patseguin Wrote:  Yeah you're probably right. I don't see why he needs permission from TLBB people though. Bello is already an open source project. All someone has to do is mod it to be Gotham compatible. Changing the version number in the XML got basic functionality working for me but no custom home items.

I have custom entries working in my home menu. Linked to add-ons which are set as favorites.
find quote
devil103 Offline
(2014-03-23 22:07)patseguin Wrote:  I made the change to the XML and I can't anything that doesn't work yet. I even get the UI in 3D movies.

EDIT: I take that back, I can't seem to customize the custom home items with my smart playlists.

+ the new subtitle menu doesn't work.
In confluence, pressing subtitle while playing a video gives you several options 'Download, Next, etc'
This is not supported in Bello right now (I think)
find quote
pietia7 Offline
(2014-04-15 11:13)devil103 Wrote:  
(2014-03-23 22:07)patseguin Wrote:  I made the change to the XML and I can't anything that doesn't work yet. I even get the UI in 3D movies.

EDIT: I take that back, I can't seem to customize the custom home items with my smart playlists.

In confluence, pressing subtitle while playing a video gives you several options 'Download, Next, etc'

I got subtitles menu to work by porting some code/icons from Confluence skin.. it's very hackish but at least it works. For anyone interested:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1503...-1.5.6.zip
find quote
patseguin Offline
Donor
I'm going through serious Bello withdrawal on Gotham. How's your time table with your obligations Nessus?

Main HTPC: Home built Intel core i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Rii micro keyboard remote, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, OpenElec 4.1.2
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony Google TV, OpenElec 4.1.2
find quote
woodside Offline
(2013-03-16 21:14)nessus Wrote:  Sorry but this skin will never have mouse support. Is designed for use with a remote control.

Cheers
Nessus

Why no mouse support? people who are disabled and use a pointer with their mouth would be happy if you added mouse support.
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-30 01:29 by woodside.)
find quote
patseguin Offline
Donor
That's not ridiculous. I don't think HTPC's should have mouse support.

find quote
woodside Offline
(2014-04-30 02:07)patseguin Wrote:  That's not ridiculous. I don't think HTPC's should have mouse support.

To each his own I suppose. Just saying I was trying to set this skin up for my brother who is paralyzed from the neck down from an injury in the war. We were going through skins and he liked this one very much only to find out he can't control it with his mouth. Should be an option to use a mouse for people who's only way of navigating is with their mouth. :-)

[EDIT]
You know your right. I should just of left it as one that just didn't work for him and found another. He just liked this skin because well, it is a really great skin and really well done. My props to Nessus for an excellent skin. I guess I was just having a bad day and I appologize. Great Skin!!!
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-30 05:39 by woodside.)
find quote
patseguin Offline
Donor
(2014-04-30 02:13)woodside Wrote:  
(2014-04-30 02:07)patseguin Wrote:  That's not ridiculous. I don't think HTPC's should have mouse support.

To each his own I suppose. Just saying I was trying to set this skin up for my brother who is paralyzed from the neck down from an injury in the war. We were going through skins and he liked this one very much only to find out he can't control it with his mouth. Should be an option to use a mouse for people who's only way of navigating is with their mouth. :-)

[EDIT]
You know your right. I should just of left it as one that just didn't work for him and found another. He just liked this skin because well, it is a really great skin and really well done. My props to Nessus for an excellent skin. I guess I was just having a bad day and I appologize. Great Skin!!!

Good point. If you're planning on using Gotham, Bello is currently incompatible. Confluence of course has mouse support as do a few others. There are "air mouse" controllers out there that control the mouse pointer by waving the remote in the air. Still though, with all respect I can't think of any input method that you can do only with your mouth.

find quote
tahyti Offline
Donor
Quote:I got subtitles menu to work by porting some code/icons from Confluence skin.. it's very hackish but at least it works. For anyone interested:

Thanks a lot for this, it works flawlessly here on gotham RC1.
For those who's missed it, this is bello for gotham.
find quote
nessus Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-04-30 02:13)woodside Wrote:  To each his own I suppose. Just saying I was trying to set this skin up for my brother who is paralyzed from the neck down from an injury in the war. We were going through skins and he liked this one very much only to find out he can't control it with his mouth. Should be an option to use a mouse for people who's only way of navigating is with their mouth. :-)

[EDIT]
I am very sorry that your brother cannot use the skin due the lack of mouse support. I wish i could do something about it but the problem is (regardless that i agree with patseguin about mouse support in HTPCs), that would require a lot of changes on the design of the skin and most importantly a lot of time, which i don't have.

Thank you for your kind words about my work.

(2014-04-29 22:41)patseguin Wrote:  I'm going through serious Bello withdrawal on Gotham. How's your time table with your obligations Nessus?
Just be patient. Good things come to those who wait Wink
A couple more weeks or at worse when Gotham final is out.

Cheers
Nessus
find quote
patseguin Offline
Donor
Yay!

find quote
MidnightWatcher Offline
Fan
(2014-04-20 22:11)pietia7 Wrote:  
(2014-04-15 11:13)devil103 Wrote:  

I got subtitles menu to work by porting some code/icons from Confluence skin.. it's very hackish but at least it works. For anyone interested:

Works great for me, thanks!

HTPC1: Q6600 4GB GTS 250 OS: Linux Mint 17 SKIN: Aeon Nox #1 ADD-ON: Cinema Experience REMOTE: XRMT

HTPC2: Zotac ND22 4GB 40GB SSD OS: OpenELEC 4.x SKIN: Bello #1 ADD-ON: Cinema Experience REMOTE: XRMT
find quote
bkanuka Offline
(2014-05-02 00:14)nessus Wrote:  A couple more weeks or at worse when Gotham final is out.

At worst eh!? haha im being a huge dick...i crack myself up!
find quote