Unified Remote - Control System Volume
I've been reading around and I'm still having trouble figuring out how to map my Unified Remote (Android App) to control system volume. I found that WMC uses F9/F10 as the keys to control volume in it but applying that to XBMC still just controls the XBMC volume, not the system volume. Is there a way to tell xbmc to use the system volume or does this have to be done via Unified Remote?
assuming your on windows (cause of the WMC) you can use a program called eventghost to pick up any remote press and assign actions to it, this can include system volume/mute and much much more.

curious, why do you need system volume control? are there other apps that notify you or something on the system? just wondering why xbmc volume control is not enough.
Cool cool, I'll give that a shot!

The reason I need it to adjust system volume is because WMC uses Sys volume. Because of this, if I exit WMC and the volume was on, say "3" and I enter XBMC, t he volume is WAY too low. The only way I have found to combat this right now is increase the volume in WMC to 100%, then exit to XBMC and use the internal XBMC volume. The only problem with this is if my wife has a show running in WMC and I exit from XBMC, it is at max volume and will probably blow the speakers at the some point haha.

Thanks for the suggestion and I will give it a shot :O)
you can make an event in eventghost that can exit WMC, set volume max, open xbmc. then another that reverses the process and you can toggle them with a remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unified Remote - Control System Volume0