Audio Problem
ECS H61H2-I3 Motherboard
i5-3570K processor
4 gig ddr3 1333
windows xp

My problem is: everything works fine with the setup I have except when I try to play a movie that is marked as dolby digital audio. The video will play at about 1/4 speed with no audio. Every other movie plays fine. If I turn off the option that says dolby capable reciever the video plays fine but the audio is only the background sounds. I have it setup XBMC PC -> TV -> AVR. Is this my problem? My receiver is old and does not support hdmi sound, but has optical, so its the only way to get it to work with surround sound.

Connect PC > AVR using optical out and PC>TV using HDMI.
Motherboard doesn't have optical
Use spdif/coax instead...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Change speaker config from 7.1 to 2.0. Uncheck all the capable formats - those are required for bitstreaming to a capable amplifier. In your case you're going via your TV to the AVR, in this case, although your AVR may be capable of decoding these formats, its unlikely that your TV is capable of passing them through to the AVR, therefore the likliehood is your only going to get 2 channel sound.
Thanks for your help. That worked, but I guess I'm gonna buy a new receiver so I can have surround sound.
(2013-03-08, 15:18)daduber Wrote: Thanks for your help. That worked, but I guess I'm gonna buy a new receiver so I can have surround sound.
If you don't want to spend a lot of money, this $110 Onkyo should do the trick.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks. Just bought this 7.1 version
http://tech.woot.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Problem0