How to delete a video after watching it?
I would like to withdraw a word, "paid" from my post, no one gets paid for doing anything xbmc related (that I know of). Also I would like to clarify that when I said official places, I didnt mean to imply that official is better, only that the main repo because its so strict (perhaps too strict) it only accepts addons/skins etc which are compatible, this also doesn't exclude from things being half baked or containing bugs which may give unexpected results.

uNi
(2013-03-31, 00:06)Dirki Wrote: After watching I try to delete the file in the file list, but it doesn't work.
How are you accessing your video files for viewing?
  • VIDEOS > Files
  • MOVIES
  • SYSTEM > File list
Quote:OK, I see, very big confusion, sorry again: just one file to delete, it doesn't work, the file cannot be deleted on my system, it stays on the hard disk, clicking "Delete" doesn't work.
If you are using the Files view, when you open the context menu for the movie you wish to delete and then select the "Delete" option, does a window pop-up asking you to confirm the deletion? If you are using the Library view, when you open the context menu for the movie you wish to remove and then select the "Remove from library" option, does a window pop-up asking you to confirm the removal?
<<<I would like to withdraw a word, "paid" from my post, no one gets paid for doing anything xbmc related (that I know of). Also I would like to clarify that when I said official places, I didnt mean to imply that official is better, only that the main repo because its so strict (perhaps too strict) it only accepts addons/skins etc which are compatible, this also doesn't exclude from things being half baked or containing bugs which may give unexpected results.

OK, some visits to unofficial places by occasion might be OK...by the way, the "official" skins are the ones here: http://xbmc.org/skins, is that right? And these are the only official skins, I guess.

<<<How are you accessing your video files for viewing?

VIDEOS > Files

Yes, starting XBMC, click "Videos", click a video in the file list.

<<<<Movies
Never, until now.

<<<<SYSTEM > File list
No, I do not know how to open the file list there.

And I do not access them by the "File manager" to watch them.

And I access the video files by "Favorites", either clicking the folder containing the videos and then click the video file or clicking the video name / file directly in "Favorites".

<<<If you are using the Files view, when you open the context menu for the movie you wish to delete and then select the "Delete" option, does a window pop-up asking you to confirm the deletion?
Yes, it always does, as far as I remember.

<<<<If you are using the Library view, when you open the context menu for the movie you wish to remove and then select the "Remove from library" option, does a window pop-up asking you to confirm the removal?
Yes, it does. And a second one asking, whether really to delete, clicking "Yes" removes the entry from the library, the file stays in the video folder.
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
OK, so when you see the confirmation pop-up window(s), do you explicitly click "Yes" to remove the file from the library and "Yes" to delete the file itself (for Files view, you only get prompted to delete the file itself)... keeping in mind that the default selection is "No"?

Also, when you are using the library view ("MOVIES" on main menu), when you select "Remove from library" and tell it to both remove the library entry and delete the physical file, does the movie get removed from the library even though the physical file may not have been deleted from the hard drive?
@Dirki - please use the forum's quote function.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:@Dirki - please use the forum's quote function.
Sorry, OK, no "Quick Reply" answers anymore.

Quote:OK, so when you see the confirmation pop-up window(s), do you explicitly click "Yes" to remove the file from the library
Yes, I do in each case, in all cases.

Quote:and "Yes" to delete the file itself
The both files I just used for testing were the only files in the Library (because of the improper file names) and I clicked "No" for the second confirmation. I do not know, how to get these two files back into the Library to answer the second confirmation with "Yes" for deleting.

Quote:(for Files view, you only get prompted to delete the file itself)
Yes, and I clicked "Yes" for deleting then after watching.

Quote:keeping in mind that the default selection is "No"?
Yes, you then can see "No" is marked / highlighted. But I used the mouse to click "Yes" for deleting, so I definitely hit "Yes".

I did not use the Library until now, because there almost are not any movies in, the scrapers cannot find information about the movies / videos because of their file names.
Quote:Also, when you are using the library view ("MOVIES" on main menu), when you select "Remove from library" and tell it to both remove the library entry and delete the physical file, does the movie get removed from the library even though the physical file may not have been deleted from the hard drive?
The entry in the Library will already be removed after confirming the first question, whether the movie shall be removed from the Library, if I remember right, ah, no, I am wrong, I guess, the entry will be deleted after the second confirmation (I clicked both times on "No" for the second confirmation and the entry was removed then from the Library) to check it again (with deleting the file physically), I have to update the Library, I have seen an update option (I used the one in the context menu, but that didn't get the entries back to the Library), if I remember right, for it, but I cannot find it anymore at the moment, even on this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library
I was responding to you yesterday from my tablet, so it was difficult to get a good view of your debug log at the time. Now that I'm back on my computer, I see that you're getting this error when trying to delete this file:
Code:
15:44:17 T:11252   DEBUG: FileManager: delete I:\Eigene Dateien\Sendungen & Filme & Ausstrahlungen - TV\Filme\27_Dresses_12.07.03_20-15_sixx_110_TVOON_DE.mpg - Kopie.avi
15:44:17 T:11252   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file I:\Eigene Dateien\Sendungen & Filme & Ausstrahlungen - TV\Filme\27_Dresses_12.07.03_20-15_sixx_110_TVOON_DE.mpg - Kopie.avi
I'm not an expert at reading/interpreting logs, but there doesn't seem to be any indication as to *why* it wasn't able to delete the file. The first thing that came to mind was the inclusion of ampersand ("&") characters in your folder name, but I thought Windows 7 was OK with ampersands in file names unlike earlier versions such as XP (the last Windows version I've used). However, let's try the following test to see whether or not this may be the reason for your problem:
  1. Create a new folder: I:\Eigene Dateien\Test\
  2. Place a copy of an avi file in this new folder and rename the video file to Test.avi
  3. Select VIDEOS > Files > Add videos... and select I:\Eigene Dateien\Test\ as a new source and, when prompted to assign a name to this source, enter "Test source"
  4. When prompted to Set Content for this new source, leave the type as "None" and click OK to save.
  5. Select VIDEOS > Files > "Test source"
  6. Select and play the Test.avi file for a bit and stop playback
  7. Open the context menu for Test.avi, select the "Delete" option, click the "Yes" confirmation button
  8. Is the Test.avi file deleted?
OK.

Quote:Create a new folder: I:\Eigene Dateien\Test\
Place a copy of an avi file in this new folder and rename the video file to Test.avi
Select VIDEOS > Files > Add videos... and select I:\Eigene Dateien\Test\ as a new source and, when prompted to assign a name to this source, enter "Test source"
When prompted to Set Content for this new source, leave the type as "None" and click OK to save.
Select VIDEOS > Files > "Test source"
Select and play the Test.avi file for a bit and stop playback
Until the last step above I did it exactly like the instruction.

Quote:Open the context menu for Test.avi, select the "Delete" option, click the "Yes" confirmation button
I now press "Escape" to go to the file list for deleting the file. Pressing "C" on the keyboard or right mouse click does not open a menu in the full screen mode.

Quote:Is the Test.avi file deleted?
No, it isn't.

But it was a good thought, improper file names / characters.

Which skin are you using? Try it with the default Confluence skin (the one with the "blue bubbles" background image). Also, verify you are using version 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 of Confluence (System/Settings > Add-ons > Enabled Add-ons > Skins > Confluence),

If that doesn't work, try the same test with a folder/file on your C:\ drive.
Quote:Which skin are you using?
PM3.HD

Quote:Also, verify you are using version 2.1.3 of Confluence
It is 2.1.4 of Confluence

Quote:If that doesn't work, try the same test with a folder/file on your C:\ drive.
I tried both the old folder "Test source" and the one on C:. All stayed the same, I cannot delete the file.

Please post a new debug log (wiki) of you trying to delete Test.avi on your C:\ drive and using the Confluence skin. Thanks.
OK, here it is: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8572
I am wondering, what the new log might say...
Exact same problem here.

In default skin. No other program using file at the moment.

(Frodo)

update: trying "Delete" from file manager gets me "Operation Aborted"
on first try.
Incorrect/insufficient permissions to read/write to that dir would do that.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to delete a video after watching it?0