German Keyboard Layout
Hello All!

I have installed XBMC on a Ubuntu 12.10 system with a german keyboard.

Starting XBMC out of Gnome I get the right QWERTZ layout.
When I start it directly from lightdm, then the keyboard layout is an English one (QWERTY).

Is there a possibility to change the keyboard layout?
The display language setting is English, but changing it to German, there is no difference ...

Can anyone help?
Thanks!
write something like this in your xorg.conf, Wink

Code:
Section "InputClass"
    Identifier        "Keyboard Defaults"
    MatchIsKeyboard   "yes"
    Option            "XkbLayout" "de"
EndSection
Thanks for your reply!
It didn't work for me.

I'm starting XBMC through Ubuntu Autologin. There the active keyboard layout is English. When I exit XBMC and start it on more time, the keyboard has the correct German layout.

With or without your fix in xorg.conf.
Maybe Ubuntu sets the keyboard layout "to late". Right after the auto login ?!
Just a SWAG, but see if this helps in your situation: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148508
After posting in the wrong thread Tongue

Thanks for your link!
That worked!

Short for all:
I created a file named autoexec.py in the userdata directory. Made it executable. Write following text into the file:

Code:
import os
os.system("setxkbmap de")

de for german ...

Thanks for help ;-)
This helped a bit already, I have now qwertz layout but still don't get the Umlauts öüä.

I am using a Logitech K400r on Xbian (Raspberry Pi), which is working with all the umlauts on console level. Any idea?

Thanks
(2013-04-08, 10:19)Frank_am_Main Wrote: This helped a bit already, I have now qwertz layout but still don't get the Umlauts öüä.

I am using a Logitech K400r on Xbian (Raspberry Pi), which is working with all the umlauts on console level. Any idea?

Thanks

Did you also change the settings for "Language", "Region" and "Character set" in System/Settings > Appearance > International?
Quote:Did you also change the settings for "Language", "Region" and "Character set" in System/Settings > Appearance > International?

Yes, I did. Region is Germany, language German and character-set Western Europe (ISO). I tried Western Europe (Windows) and Standard too - no result, the Umlauts just don't show up...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
German Keyboard Layout0