Performance Help!
Wink 
Afternoon All

Im having a bit of an issue with the speed in which I can access my custom menu items, seems to take 4-5 seconds before the screen displays after I have selected it. I have my videos arranged by Genre and have created Action, Drama etc on the home screen. I suspect that perhaps I have misconfigured this as all other function from within the skin is nippy and quick. CPU and memory are around 30% but this is normal as I have a much more powerful laptop that runs exactly the same with exactly the same configuration as the Revo so not hardware related.

I am running XBMC Eden with Aeon Nox 3.6 on an Acer Revo R3600 with 2Gb of RAM on Windows 7

I have uploaded the Debug log to the link below in the hope that someone maybe able to point me in the right direction in resolving this issue

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3200

Any help or advice would be really great!

Thanks

Mark
As a bit of extra info only seems to be on the custom movie menus not Music or TV Shows?

Is it worth just upgrading to Frodo and using the new version of Nox? I really dont want to use any other skin as I have been using for years so any advise would be welcome

Thanks

Mark
updating to Frodo could help.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks Phil, would I just need to uninstall and reinstall xbmc and would the current version of nox be recommended or use 4.0?

By the way aeon nox is awesome, great work, hence why I want to get it working, just bought a class 10 SD Card so am going to try Openelec running xbmc frodo and nox to give it a try, any experience using this Openelec?

Cheers for the response
i didnt uninstall but i went from Frodo R3 to Frodo
Moving to Frodo and using OpenElec has fixed the problem

Cheers Guys for the Help

Mark
i am running my xbmc build in windows 7 and running aeon nox and occasionally i notice a bit of slowdown i think it is because i am using a Gigabyte GA-E350N-USB3 which has a built in CPU/APU but i think is only 1.6ghz so not very powerful does anyone think by switching to openelec i would see that performance increase and it would be a lot smoother as my theory is having such a small processor running all the background processes that windows has plus xbmc is stressing it a little too much

and seeing as openelec is a very minimal OS behind it it would speed it up but i want to have a least a fairly good idea if i will notice and improvement before i switch because it took a little while to get everything running the way i like it on the current windows 7 build

also if i was to switch should i use the fusion build as i think that is what this motherboard is or just use the generic build will there be any noticeable performance difference between the two
Hi Protocol

I thought the same thing so to prove my theory I bought a class 10 8gb SSD card for my Acer Revo and built it with Openelec and xbmc frodo and boot from the ssd (leaving the original installation in place on the hard disk)

I can confirm for me it works like a dream. The only point I would make is when you first go into a custom menu it take a few seconds to load but the second time you access the menu it's instant (assume its caching the info)

Give it a go its sorted my problems and I get to use aeon nox (my fave skin for xbmc)

Unlike some people who have stated that CPU and memory running at between 20-30% causes issues in nox I haven't found that causes an issue on my setup

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Performance Help!0