XBMC stalls before playback
Hi, first post but have been reading for a while to try and help me!
I'm running XBMC on my HTPC and after upgrading via a clean install to frodo release I am having some issues.

The symptoms:
Folder art is slow to load for my video files (300+);
Navigating the remote filesystem is slow (a few seconds per directory change);
After selection a video file to play it takes a long time to start playing (8+ seconds) before initially starting just playing the audio whilst still showing the XBMC menu, occasionally when the video starts to play the audio is out of sync (sorry not kept track of the files to find out encoding as I use XBMC multiple times a day).

My HTPC hardware:
Asus AT5IONT-i deluxe (Atom D525 dual core processor, Intel NM10 chipset, ALC887 audio, Integrated Next Generation ION graphics);
CF card as storage for the operating system through a cheap ebay SATA adapter;
HDMI output to TV routed through an Onkyo receiver to playback the audio.

My HTPC software:
I keep my system up to date using apt (latest updates 9/3/13);
I've added the ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates repository to update the nvidia drivers;
Audio is set to 2 channels with 2.0 output, DTS etc disabled;

How XBMC gets the files:
Videos streamed via a NAS box via samba (through the file option rather than using the library);
Library hosted via mysql on a 2nd (slow) pc (although until my library is as I wish just used to see watched items between my main box and RPi)

Crashlog: xbmc_crashlog-20130309_182359.log
XBMC log: xbmc.log

Any help you can give me would be most appreciated as I like to keep my systems up to date where practicable, I keep stopping myself going back to Eden as I'm sure this should be fixable or of help to create fixes for others!

Should you require any further information that I have not provided just let me know and I will do my best to provide any further information you require.
Are you streaming over wireless? I find it hard to believe browsing could be that slow over a wired connection.
The HTPC and NAS box are wired gigabit (confirmed using iperf at over 900Mbit/s), the pc with the library is also wired but only has a 100Mbit connection.
This is an incredibly long shot, but if none of the typical "my Samba transfers are slow" advice work you could try adding "max protocol = SMB2" under the [global] section of smb.conf, then restart smbd and see if it works any better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC stalls before playback0