How to add .xml?
Hey guys.....

So call me daft but I really can't seem to find any help on the web as to how to add the .xml file to my Pi.

When I initially got my Pi last year there were a few sites giving you the commands on how to add or edit these on the Pi via Putty.
I can't seem to find any of these sites now so need help please.

I have my Pi setup. I have Putty & MYSQL installed on my main pc. I've added the advancedsettings.xml to my HTPC.
Now I need to add the advancedsettings.xml to my Pi so that it can sync with my HTPC.

I just need the commands or instructions as to how to add this file.

Thanx guys
What distribution are you running on your Pi? Is it OpenELEC? Rasbmc? Xbian?

If it's OpenELEC, connect to you Pi using Windows File (NOT Internet) Explorer, type \\ followed by the IP address of your Pi in the address bar (eg. \\192.168.0.8) and then browse to the Userdata folder. In the Userdata folder, create (or paste in) your advancedsettings.xml file.

As for Putty, start a new session, enter the IP address of you Pi, select SSH as connection type (port 22) and click Open. Username on OpenELEC is "root", password is "openelec". Cd to "/storage/.xbmc/userdata", and use standard Unix/Linux commands to create the file.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanx so much MilhouseVH....

Used your former suggestion and added the .xml file in that manner.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
hello i have looked all over can somebody please help me learn how i can change the labels on the home page like "movies" or Tv shows" or Pictures to say something that i want it to say? for example Movie would be FILMS?
(2013-05-03, 03:21)ggeegino Wrote: hello i have looked all over can somebody please help me learn how i can change the labels on the home page like "movies" or Tv shows" or Pictures to say something that i want it to say? for example Movie would be FILMS?
Please start another thread as this is unrelated to this thread.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add .xml?0