Help with configuring TV remote via CEC
Hello,

I've installed XBMC on a Raspberry Pi and stuck it to the back of my panasonic TV. So far I'm already very impressed.

I operate the menu using the Panasonic remote. The TV sends some commands via the HDMI cable to the Pi, and this allows me to navigate the menu etc...
However it's not perfect, and I thus decided to figure out how to tweak the remote mappings a bit.
So I copied remote.xml in my userdata/keymaps. But first I had to find out which key my TV send to the Pi, and what their codes were.
So I enabled debugging, and started a tail|grep on the logfile to find out what keys are received when I press certain keys on my remote.
Many keys came through fine, with obivious names like "up", "down", "red" etc...
However a few keys have longer names. Pressing the "guide" button sends a key named "electronic program guide", and pressing the "option" key sends a "setup menu" key name.
So my first question is: can I use these names as is in the remote.xml file? Can I for example add this to the file:
<Setup Menu>ContextMenu</Setup Menu>

My second question is about how I can tell my TV to send more keys to the Pi. Currently the play,pause etc... keys are not send to the Pi, but consumed by the TV. I know the TV is able to pass them on to a player, as this works with my blueray player. It's a minor inconvenience, as I can puase buy pressin OK, and then selecting Pause form the on screen menu, but I'm trying to get the SAF as high as possible on this thing. So is there a way to configure XBMC to tell my TV to pass on those key presses when in play back?

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with configuring TV remote via CEC0