Occasional judder
Hi all,

When playing video I regularly see a bit of judder at seemingly random intervals.

Here is my setup:

XBMC: (Frodo v12, OpenELEC 2.99.4, Generic build)
HTPC: Foxconn nt-A3700
CPU: AMD E450 Dual core 1.65GHz
Memory: 4GB, 204-pin SODIMM
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6320
Decoder: Broadcom BCM970015 Crystal HD
Storage: 32GB SanDisk SDHC Class 10

My videos are all SD and run from a Synology DS212+ via NFS share and Gigabit LAN. Previously I used a Western Digital TV Live with no problems, so I know the LAN and NAS are set up and running correctly.

Many of my videos are American TV shows, usually H264 with a 29.97fps.

Looking at the stats when a video is playing, CPU1 and CPU2 are between 5 and 15% utilisation with no spiking.

At first I thought maybe the Crystal HD wasn't enabled, but it seems okay looking at the log:
http://old.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32397

I've played around with the settings, but can't seem to get rid of the judder. Here are my current settings

I've heard about some people changing "Adjust display refresh rate to match video", but they made the playback grind to a halt for me.

Any suggestions on what else I could try?
I would get an occasional stutter in my video due to the post-processing from the AMD Catalyst software running the Radeon video card. Under the Catalyst manager there were a bunch of things checked off (like edge smoothing, deinterlacing, etc.). I unchecked all video processing from the catalyst manager and it fixed the stuttering. I didn't have to change anything in XBMC.
Thanks for the reply.
As I'm running XBMC on OpenELEC, I dont have Catalyst, or any control other than what is available in XBMC. I could try the specific Fusion (AMD) build, but they dont include the Crystal HD Drivers Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Occasional judder0