Dead silent HTPC i3-3225
Very nice...

I'm curious; your CPU cooler is a case component, or separate hardware??
(2013-03-30, 13:27)ZetBv Wrote: I know many people will not agree with me, but I never told anybody "it is overkill", even when it really was. Who knows what you will do in the future. Maybe it will come one day when you will need the "extra power".
If money allow, there is no such thing as overkill. I preferred over power HTPC than under power HTPC. I built the first Mini-ITX with AMD E350M1 a couple years ago. I always builds Micro-ATX and ATX PC's. I thought that I might like the Mini-ITX with low power HTPC, but I didn't like it. The Mini-ITX case that I picked didn't fit right with the rest of home theater component either. I sold it, and I'm glad that I got a new HTPC with Intel i7 to replace it. To me, your case and CPU are perfect for HTPC.....

(2013-03-30, 17:37)CpTHOOK Wrote: Very nice...

I'm curious; your CPU cooler is a case component, or separate hardware??
It is the combination of the CPU heat sink and case shell. This type of case is not recommended for the enclose cabinet. I helped a friend build a very similar fanless HTPC with Streacom case. The passive cooling is very sufficient when it is place on an open TV stand but his wife wanted HTPC in the enclosed entertainment center cabinet. It is always running hot in the enclosef cabinet. He end up selling it....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-03-30, 17:37)CpTHOOK Wrote: I'm curious; your CPU cooler is a case component, or separate hardware??

It is a case component - Hplex package content

And my personal opinion: Hdplex is better than Streacom. Just check the CPU cooling system.
Looks AWESOME! Also, looks like it can be a Hackintosh, if so desired.
How is the quality of Rii Mini wireless keyboard touchpad? Both physical and performance wise.
Planning to get one my my i3 NUC.
Raspberry Pi-B with Raspbmc
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
LG PA75U Projector with 113" DIY screen
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Denon AVR S500BT with Klipsch Reference series 5.1 setup
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

(2013-03-31, 06:05)freak1 Wrote: How is the quality of Rii Mini wireless keyboard touchpad? Both physical and performance wise.

My Rii Mini is already 3 years old, but the keyboard (touchpad) still works great. The overall quality is good. It doesn't feel "cheap".
The backlight helps also when it's dark.
The only thing I can complain about is that when the battery is running out of "juice" (you will see the led blinking) - the keyboard goes crazy (writes the same letter 5 times, the mouse pointer jumps around...).
In my case I have to charge it every 8-10 days, depends how much you use it. I used the Rii to write everything here.
Nice one!! Thanks for the writeup.

I also have a fanless i3-3225 build, but 18W is really impressive. I guess that's the difference between 1xSSD and 1xSSD+2xHDDs. My build has 28-29W idle.
Fanless Linux HTPC/NAS: Streacom FC10, ASUS P8H77-M PRO, i3-3225, Corsair LP White DDR3-1600, picoPSU-150-XT, 1x SSD 840, 2x HDD WD Red 3TB
Stats: 29W idle, 55W load, CPU 38-43°C idle, CPU 55-60°C load, HDD 42-43°C idle, HDD 47°C load

Smile 
(2013-03-31, 17:36)binwiederda Wrote: Nice one!! Thanks for the writeup.

I also have a fanless i3-3225 build, but 18W is really impressive. I guess that's the difference between 1xSSD and 1xSSD+2xHDDs. My build has 28-29W idle.

Danke Wink Thank you also for your writeup. I just saw you build. Great job.
I have a file server (NAS) in a small storage room. I want to replace the old case with a Bitfenix Prodigy and I need also a 3TB hdd.
Should I go for the WD NASware instead of Seagate ?
(2013-03-31, 08:30)ZetBv Wrote:
(2013-03-31, 06:05)freak1 Wrote: How is the quality of Rii Mini wireless keyboard touchpad? Both physical and performance wise.

My Rii Mini is already 3 years old, but the keyboard (touchpad) still works great. The overall quality is good. It doesn't feel "cheap".
The backlight helps also when it's dark.
The only thing I can complaint about is that when the battery is running out of "juice" (you will see the led blinking) - the keyboard goes crazy (writes the same letter 5 times, the mouse pointer jumps around...).
In my case I have to charge it every 8-10 days, depends how much you use it. I used the Rii to write everything here.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out which would be the good choice.
Mele F10 or Rii?
Any suggestions please?
Raspberry Pi-B with Raspbmc
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
LG PA75U Projector with 113" DIY screen
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Denon AVR S500BT with Klipsch Reference series 5.1 setup
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

(2013-03-31, 20:58)freak1 Wrote: Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out which would be the good choice.
Mele F10 or Rii?
Any suggestions please?

I have no experience with Mele F10. So I don't know if it's better or not than Rii.
Considering one of these cases and a similar build, wondering what the temp of the case itself gets to, would there be any issues sitting something like a ps3 on top of this case and would I have to worry about them both running at the same time?
(2013-04-01, 15:16)nevillebartos Wrote: Considering one of these cases and a similar build, wondering what the temp of the case itself gets to, would there be any issues sitting something like a ps3 on top of this case and would I have to worry about them both running at the same time?

I would say it should be ok, as long as you don't cover the CPU/mainboard vent holes.

(2013-04-01, 15:16)nevillebartos Wrote: Considering one of these cases and a similar build, wondering what the temp of the case itself gets to, would there be any issues sitting something like a ps3 on top of this case and would I have to worry about them both running at the same time?
I wouldn't recommend placing any electronic component on top of passive case. You end up having both components runnning hot.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Interesting! I will be waiting for the Haswell CPUs but I am already looking for a case. Does this case support VESA mounting or is there a separate VESA mount kit available?
(2013-04-01, 23:35)devkid Wrote: Interesting! I will be waiting for the Haswell CPUs but I am already looking for a case. Does this case support VESA mounting or is there a separate VESA mount kit available?

As far as I know - no, there is no vesa mount kit. The case is not that small and it is also pretty heavy 5,5 kg - Hdplex specifications

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dead silent HTPC i3-32251