Subtitle transparency setting
Please add a setting to adjust subtitle transparency.

Plasma TV's have a tendency to burn in at where subtitles are constantly showing white color. I know there's a setting to set color for gray but a bit of transparency would be best.
I too would very much like to see such a setting. I (and most people I know) mainly use subtitles as a sort of backup in case it's hard to make out spoken words, so I only 'need' a small percentage of all subtitles displayed. However, I find the bright white letters at the bottom of my screen very hard to ignore, so I usually still end up reading most of them. This has the downside that sometimes dramatic or comedic timing of whatever I'm watching is spoiled (for instance, when someone has a dramatic pause in the middle of his/her line. the subtitles just give away the entire sentence with just '...' representing the pause). In other media players I found that lowering the opacity of the text made the subtitles blend in more with the picture, making it easier to ignore them when they are not needed and have a better watching experience.

P.S. Media Player Classic also has a setting that replaces the black outline of the letters with a shadow. A transparency setting would be awesome, but if it's not to much to ask, a shadow setting would be very welcome too Angel
+1 A little bit of transparence would be good. Nice idea
*BUMP*

Older post, but still very much relevant. I too would like this option as OLED TV's suffer from the same image retention problems as Plasma's. Transparency setting on subtitles would really help in mitigating the issue.
*another bump*

Indeed relevant: on TV's with somewhat bad dynamic contrast, the whole screen lights up in dark scenes when subtitles appear. Annoying and sometimes even uncomfortable to the eyes.

I've set subtitle color to grey now, but still. Transparency would be better!
*another bump*
This is been something I've been looking for.
+1 on this. As a plasma owner, and sooner or later OLED owner, this remains relevant.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Is there any hope to see this implemented? Really need this feature on oled tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle transparency setting1