Problem with Russian text? (Solved)
First of all, sorry to Ronie if it looks like I'm picking on you, but yours is the first skin I check if I have a problem and want to see how something should be done.

Now to the problem. A Russian user of my skin has reported that about half of the strings still show up as English even though the skins Russian .po file has just about all of the strings translated correctly (CDDB as an example of something that does not require translation). I can't spot any pattern as to why the strings are not being translated. And as a check I switched to Transparency! and found that nothing seemed to be translated in Ronie's skin (despite there being a valid .po file in his language/Russian directory).

So the question is, is this a problem with the skin (I have added a <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> line at the top of the skinsetting .xml file and have even tried changing the labels from <label>31880</label> to <label>$LOCALIZE[31880]</label> with no difference in outcome)? Or are we looking at a XBMC bug?

I'm running 32bit Win7 home premium and XBMC in non portable mode (default install type). And yes, I have checked the debug log. All that it shows is that when the skin starts up it loads 117 strings from Russian .po file and 9 from the English (default) .po file.

Any idea's
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Solution:- wrong file uploaded to my Googlecode page, nothing wrong with Ronie's skin.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
I've noticed this when changing skins but restarting XBMC sorted it out.
I've stumped to these kind of problems many times when changing skins. Sometimes it even freezes XBMC completely. IMO all these happens because all settings for all skins are stored in one file (guisettings.xml) and since a lot of skinners use some same code parts problems like these occur. Maybe an "addon_data" (skin_settings ?) folder also for the skins settings would be a solution ?

Cheers
Nessus
(2013-03-11, 10:53)Hitcher Wrote: I've noticed this when changing skins but restarting XBMC sorted it out.
Hitcher and Nessus,

Thanks for the input, found the problem, was that the .po find did not update when I did a pull from Transfix (discovered when I did a line by line check of the file). I think it was due to langload not overwriting an existing .po file (at least I think that's what happened, could have also been a brainfart on my part). And yes Hitcher, the problem I thought Transparency! was having with it's .po file was as you said, caused by changing skins.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Russian text? (Solved)0