How to hide movie extras samples etc from library?
I'm trying to get my movie library to 100%. Problem is I have movies with extra's from their source. Or might have sample of the movie. Samples I am usually ok with deleting. Its the stuff like interviews and behind the scenes that i'm having a lot of trouble with. I know I could make them show up decently adding them like home movies but I don't want those showing up with my main movies.

My movie structure is like this

\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.mkv
Nfo matches movie name. I.e Avatar.nfo

Some movies are as,

\Movies\Star Trek Collection\First Contact.mkv

I wish there was a nfo setting/tag that would tell the scraper not to add to library. Thoughts on how to make my movie library work how I want would be greatly appreciated.
Put them in their own sub-folder and "set content" on that folder to be excluded from scans.
That would work but a very bad option in my case. Most of the extras are already in sub folders in its main move folder. However It would be a huge hassle to go though and try to remember each one that has a sub folder of extras to add in XBMC as non-scan. Imagine doing that for like 20 movies. I also don't want to add all extras from all moves to one central folder.

Added: Doing that for say 20+ movies might be ok once but I have at least 2 XBMC installs running in the house at any one time. I just dont want to go though that multiple times or every time I update or reinstall.
you didnt get it.. you can exclude folders/files with a regexp based filter. as long as there is a pattern..
(2013-03-12, 08:55)spiff Wrote: you didnt get it.. you can exclude folders/files with a regexp based filter. as long as there is a pattern..

Ok I have found info that says anything with sample or extras is already excluded I knew that since a lot of sample stuff already doesn't show up. I also figured out how to add more exclusions with regex and advancedsettings. I will have to make it work with that. My problem is the things that don't have the word extra or sample in them anywhere. Rather just labled as interviews, featurettes, making of, etc. I feel like we need a better way to exclude videos that are in movie sources.

Ideally I see it as an nfo setting. One that would tell xbmc not to show the given file in the library. An "Extras" tag/setting for nfo's that could be set to a certain move sort of like sets.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to hide movie extras samples etc from library?0