• 11(current)
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.4
Hello,

I just installed your script v1.1.1. When I run the add on, the settings open. I select the options I want, then click ok.

The settings screen pops up endlessly, no matter if I hit OK, Cancel, Defaults... Escape button... So I am forced to alt-f4

That being said, if I right click on the add on and enter the settings that way. All works fine, but as soon as I want to run it, the above happens.

I am running on XBMC 12.3 for Windows.

Is this a new problem? Your help is greatly appreciated.
(2014-04-04, 14:27)Bukes Wrote: Hello,

I just installed your script v1.1.1. When I run the add on, the settings open. I select the options I want, then click ok.

The settings screen pops up endlessly, no matter if I hit OK, Cancel, Defaults... Escape button... So I am forced to alt-f4

That being said, if I right click on the add on and enter the settings that way. All works fine, but as soon as I want to run it, the above happens.

Thanks for notice. I'll test this behaviour and eventually I'll do a fix.
LG M227WD - ASUS S1-AT5NM10E - LOGITECH HARMONY 300i - MINI KEYBOARD USB
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04.04 - FRODO 12.03 - Transparency!
Movies: 996 - TV Show: 98 - Albums: 1161

My Script: Rating Update - Thumbnails Cleaner
(2014-04-04, 14:27)Bukes Wrote: Hello,

Seems to be OK. Have you chosen a destination folder? If you not choose the folder, the script continue to ask you to configure.

When I run the addon, I lost focus in exception screen and I can not continue. Doesnt work cancel, continue or else
(2014-04-13, 10:11)ktpires Wrote: When I run the addon, I lost focus in exception screen and I can not continue. Doesnt work cancel, continue or else

Strange, I tested right now and all buttons focus are OK! Post a debug log, please!

Hi Max,
thanks for putting this script together, it's exactly what I've been looking for.
I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly, though.
I'm on an Apple TV 2, latest Gotham nightly, Thumbnails Cleaner 1.1.1.
The script runs through to the end, but doesnt delete anything. Thumbnails folder stays the same size.
I get both the "Before" and "After"-Lines filled nicely, with a huge difference only in the "Files" field. Size and Textures are identical.
What does that mean? I have no unused Thumbs to delete? I find that hard to believe on a 1,8 GB Thumbs folder, which has been copied over for generations.
I get this log output in the end:
08:31:27 T:167247872 NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Deleting 0 remained textures from the database
08:31:27 T:167247872 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) :
-->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/0/0000add2.tbn')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.thumbnailscleaner/resources/lib/tcMainGui.py", line 87, in onClick
if controlId == self.idClean: Cleaner( self ).doClean(False)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.thumbnailscleaner/resources/lib/tcMain.py", line 724, in doClean
self.finalizeClean( doSimulate )
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.thumbnailscleaner/resources/lib/tcMain.py", line 762, in finalizeClean
shutil.move( files, self.destinationFolder )
File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/XBMC-IOS-ATV2/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/iphoneos4.2_armv7-target/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 264, in move
File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/XBMC-IOS-ATV2/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/iphoneos4.2_armv7-target/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 99, in copy2
File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/XBMC-IOS-ATV2/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/iphoneos4.2_armv7-target/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 52, in copyfile
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/0/0000add2.tbn')
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I totally need to slim down my Thumbnails folder...
Thanks,
Frank
(2014-04-13, 14:53)m4x1m Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 10:11)ktpires Wrote: When I run the addon, I lost focus in exception screen and I can not continue. Doesnt work cancel, continue or else

Strange, I tested right now and all buttons focus are OK! Post a debug log, please!

It happens to me when the folder cannot be found or resolved. I had it pointed to special://skin/_cleanup (because xbmc is a black hole when it comes to pictures that are NOT in the skin folder) but it wouldn't work. Putting the full path in the config made it work fine.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Installed on Gotham Beta 4 and ran. ERROR:Script failed - tcmain.py..... ??
i was testing this script to see if it would work for my needs,
deleted a few movies and series and i would like to have the thumbnails also removed etc.
i choose in the settings to disable everything with music for cleaning.
but in simulate mode i still see that it removed them.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Something like this also happens to me.

When I run it, it goes into the setup screen and I cannot exit from it.
(2014-04-23, 08:49)texasfrank Wrote: Hi Max,
thanks for putting this script together, it's exactly what I've been looking for.
I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly, though.
I'm on an Apple TV 2, latest Gotham nightly, Thumbnails Cleaner 1.1.1.
The script runs through to the end, but doesnt delete anything. Thumbnails folder stays the same size.
I get both the "Before" and "After"-Lines filled nicely, with a huge difference only in the "Files" field. Size and Textures are identical.
What does that mean? I have no unused Thumbs to delete? I find that hard to believe on a 1,8 GB Thumbs folder, which has been copied over for generations.
I get this log output in the end:
08:31:27 T:167247872 NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Deleting 0 remained textures from the database
08:31:27 T:167247872 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) :
-->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/0/0000add2.tbn')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.thumbnailscleaner/resources/lib/tcMainGui.py", line 87, in onClick
if controlId == self.idClean: Cleaner( self ).doClean(False)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.thumbnailscleaner/resources/lib/tcMain.py", line 724, in doClean
self.finalizeClean( doSimulate )
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.thumbnailscleaner/resources/lib/tcMain.py", line 762, in finalizeClean
shutil.move( files, self.destinationFolder )
File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/XBMC-IOS-ATV2/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/iphoneos4.2_armv7-target/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 264, in move
File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/XBMC-IOS-ATV2/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/iphoneos4.2_armv7-target/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 99, in copy2
File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/XBMC-IOS-ATV2/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/iphoneos4.2_armv7-target/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 52, in copyfile
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/0/0000add2.tbn')
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I totally need to slim down my Thumbnails folder...
Thanks,
Frank

Exist a texture without an image in thumbnails folder. In the next release I add a check to prevent this condition. Thanks.

(2014-04-25, 21:02)Methanoid Wrote: Installed on Gotham Beta 4 and ran. ERROR:Script failed - tcmain.py..... ??

Please, post a debug log.

(2014-04-29, 01:48)GregiBoy Wrote:
Something like this also happens to me.

When I run it, it goes into the setup screen and I cannot exit from it.

Raytestrak has wrote:
Code:
It happens to me when the folder cannot be found or resolved. I had it pointed to special://skin/_cleanup (because xbmc is a black hole when it comes to pictures that are NOT in the skin folder) but it wouldn't work. Putting the full path in the config made it work fine.

This is what I use to resolve paths:
databaseFolder = xbmc.translatePath( "special://Database" )
thumbnailsFolder = xbmc.translatePath( "special://Thumbnails" )

I don't know others methods.

(2014-04-28, 22:59)TRaSH Wrote: i was testing this script to see if it would work for my needs,
deleted a few movies and series and i would like to have the thumbnails also removed etc.
i choose in the settings to disable everything with music for cleaning.
but in simulate mode i still see that it removed them.

The script works for exclusion, when you disable something in the settings, the script doesn't checks what you have disabled.
Example: If you disable checking for the movies, the script, will delete all images relative to the movies, because you have disabled this check.

Quick question: does this addon work properly with Gotham 13.0?

I'd love to be able to cleanup some 4GB worth of thumbnails :/

EDIT: I understand that v1.1.1 should be compatible with Gotham, but I just want to make sure it works fine with Gotham 13.0, as it seems v1.1.1 is older than G 13.0.
Debug log here for the crash on tcmain.py... With RC4 and with Gotham final..
(2014-05-08, 23:03)Methanoid Wrote: Debug log here for the crash on tcmain.py... With RC4 and with Gotham final..

Thanks!

I'm working on the script, please be patients. Soon I'll release a new version.

Download from GoogleDrive
script.thumbnailscleaner-1.1.2.zip

Download & Install my unofficial XBMC repository
repository.m4x1m.zip

Code:
v1.1.2:
- Added script.module.simplejson as dependency but uses internal JSON if python version is >= 2.7.
- Uses Textures.GetTextures if XBMC is Gotham else uses RAW queries.
- Fixed error when try to copy/move a non existent files.
- Minimized access to database during process.
- Fix some minor bugs.

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.44