• 7(current)
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.4
Hi m4x1m,

Thanks for the addon

I just tried it on my thumbnails that took up 4GB.

Afterwards, it became 1.3GB

However, it deleted(moved) all of my music fanart, artist thumbs and album covers, it also deleted all of the tv show episode thumbs. For the movies, it was interesting, only the movies that I added to the library within the last 4 months or so had everything deleted, but the older ones were untouched.

I am using mysql on frodo 12.2 on win, but my thumbs are all local in the xbmc user folder

The only thing I can think of regarding the movies is that I periodically export the artwork in separate files. I hadn't done that in about 4 months. So all the movies that had their artwork exported seemed to be spared, but all the newer ones whose artwork was not exported yet, ended up getting deleted.

Any thoughts?
(2013-07-17, 06:13)aptalca Wrote: Hi m4x1m,

Thanks for the addon

I just tried it on my thumbnails that took up 4GB.

Afterwards, it became 1.3GB

However, it deleted(moved) all of my music fanart, artist thumbs and album covers, it also deleted all of the tv show episode thumbs. For the movies, it was interesting, only the movies that I added to the library within the last 4 months or so had everything deleted, but the older ones were untouched.

I am using mysql on frodo 12.2 on win, but my thumbs are all local in the xbmc user folder

The only thing I can think of regarding the movies is that I periodically export the artwork in separate files. I hadn't done that in about 4 months. So all the movies that had their artwork exported seemed to be spared, but all the newer ones whose artwork was not exported yet, ended up getting deleted.

Any thoughts?

Try this, but consider this release as a very beta version.
I changed the method of comparing, now the script compares the json queries with the data of textures db and the thumbnails folder, this approach is very useful if you delete something from the library, the script removes the related thumbnails. The pattern option is used for keep the extrafanarts, logos and cdarts (this images are not stored in the database) and can be expanded with others keywords.

Please be careful, this version is not fully tested, make a backup!

script.thumbnailscleaner-1.0.7.zip

Code:
v1.0.7:
- This is a beta version. Full changelog available in the next release.
LG M227WD - ASUS S1-AT5NM10E - LOGITECH HARMONY 300i - MINI KEYBOARD USB
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04.04 - FRODO 12.03 - Transparency!
Movies: 996 - TV Show: 98 - Albums: 1161

My Script: Rating Update - Thumbnails Cleaner
Hi m4x1m, thanks for your work with this addon, my userdata dir is 12GB and I need to do something about it.

I keep getting errors when runnng the addon:

Code:
18:22:17 T:140684698822400   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/6/695b230f.png')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.thumbnailscleaner/resources/lib/tcMainGui.py", line 86, in onClick
                                                elif controlId == self.idSimulate: Cleaner( self ).doClean(True)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.thumbnailscleaner/resources/lib/tcMain.py", line 698, in doClean
                                                self.newTotalFileSize = self.newTotalFileSize + os.stat( ss ).st_size
                                            OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/6/695b230f.png')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
18:22:17 T:140687020566336   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogProgress.xml) ------

Seems like it erros because the files do not exist. Before the above error the same was happening with another file and creating a empty dummy file with the same name allowed the addon to move on. After selecting which files I want to keep I am returned to the main GUI but am only able to select Exit. I cn post a full log if required, I havent done so now because its too big for xbmclogs.

Openelec 3.1.5 + 1.0.7 addon
any suggestions?
Hello , I have a problem with this addon. I did a cleaning yesterday and from that moment I get no thumbnails not even fanartsin the library.I tried to rescan the library and downlaod manually some thumbs and fanarts but nothing seems to happens.
Why?
Sad 
Hi,
im using the last version. 1.0.7 and i have same problem.. All is "cleared, i mean all is deleted on the thumbnails folders except 20 files more or less.

I have the XBMC in portable mode with the Mysql databases in a NAS. That databases uses its own name because i use several profiles for each user.

I use the path substitution option in advanced settings, although the textures13.db is in local folder.

What must i do now? I mean.. all was cleared but is a test profile..

There is options to configure the plugin or some *.cfg file must be added manually? or only i need to wait next release?

thanks
(2013-08-06, 10:26)teeedubb Wrote: Hi m4x1m, thanks for your work with this addon, my userdata dir is 12GB and I need to do something about it.

Seems like it erros because the files do not exist. Before the above error the same was happening with another file and creating a empty dummy file with the same name allowed the addon to move on. After selecting which files I want to keep I am returned to the main GUI but am only able to select Exit. I cn post a full log if required, I havent done so now because its too big for xbmclogs.

Openelec 3.1.5 + 1.0.7 addon
any suggestions?

Sorry for the delay, I'm very busy with my job. This bug will be fixed in the next release.

(2013-08-31, 15:17)patria o muerte Wrote: Hello , I have a problem with this addon. I did a cleaning yesterday and from that moment I get no thumbnails not even fanartsin the library.I tried to rescan the library and downlaod manually some thumbs and fanarts but nothing seems to happens.
Why?

I would need some more information. Post a debug log the next time.

(2013-09-05, 10:00)exyron Wrote: Hi,
im using the last version. 1.0.7 and i have same problem.. All is "cleared, i mean all is deleted on the thumbnails folders except 20 files more or less.

I have the XBMC in portable mode with the Mysql databases in a NAS. That databases uses its own name because i use several profiles for each user.

I use the path substitution option in advanced settings, although the textures13.db is in local folder.

What must i do now? I mean.. all was cleared but is a test profile..

There is options to configure the plugin or some *.cfg file must be added manually? or only i need to wait next release?

thanks

Could you show me the part of the advanced settings file with your path substitution, thanks?

New Version
script.thumbnailscleaner-1.0.8.zip

This release is highly recommended, I have fixed many important bugs.

Code:
v1.0.8:
- Added ability to select multiple fields when doing a query to database for delete.
- Added ability to select multiple fields for keep textures before the cleaning process will be completed.
- In the configuration settings now you can add a pattern for exclude some strings from the process.
- Fixed some other important bugs.

Thanks. Seems to work faster than the previous version. One thing I don't get though, in the dialogue I see that thetvdb.com is queried for references to files. I don't know if they'll be happy with that many queries in such a short amount of time and I don't understand why. If this verification is necessary, can't you verify against local files? I personally do a backup now and then. By choosing separate files I have all the artwork I need stored next to my media, can you scan those instead of the files on the internet.

I also have a small request, is it possible to exclude music from the thumbnails cleaner (or make checkboxes for movies, tvshows, music etc). I don't have artwork for music, but thumbnails cleaner is checking all my songs which takes up a lot of time for nothing.

Edit: I'm probably reading it wrong, because otherwise it's now deleting files from thetvdb.com Big Grin
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2013-10-01, 23:04)Raytestrak Wrote: Thanks. Seems to work faster than the previous version. One thing I don't get though, in the dialogue I see that thetvdb.com is queried for references to files. I don't know if they'll be happy with that many queries in such a short amount of time and I don't understand why. If this verification is necessary, can't you verify against local files? I personally do a backup now and then. By choosing separate files I have all the artwork I need stored next to my media, can you scan those instead of the files on the internet.

I also have a small request, is it possible to exclude music from the thumbnails cleaner (or make checkboxes for movies, tvshows, music etc). I don't have artwork for music, but thumbnails cleaner is checking all my songs which takes up a lot of time for nothing.

Edit: I'm probably reading it wrong, because otherwise it's now deleting files from thetvdb.com Big Grin

Big Grin The script checks your thumbnails locally by reading the path stored in the art table, if you change tv thumbs manually (like me) the old scraped thumbs from thetvdb.com will be deleted as textures in the Textures13.db and as files in your folder. No external communication is involved.

(2013-10-01, 23:04)Raytestrak Wrote: I also have a small request, is it possible to exclude music from the thumbnails cleaner (or make checkboxes for movies, tvshows, music etc). I don't have artwork for music, but thumbnails cleaner is checking all my songs which takes up a lot of time for nothing.

Yes in the next release I add the options in the addon settings to exclude the checks.

Hi,
it seems thumbnails cleaner crashes with gotham alpha7

Here is my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=65160

Thanks
(2013-10-02, 23:04)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi,

Here is my log:

Thanks

Sorry, but I don't find any lines about Thumbnails Cleaner, maybe you've pasted a wrong log Huh

Here is my log:

Thanks

Strange, I'm running Goham Alpha9 and it's working fine for me.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2013-10-03, 09:42)Raytestrak Wrote:

Here is my log:

Thanks

Strange, I'm running Goham Alpha9 and it's working fine for me.

Big Grin This sounds good, anyway I tested the script only with Frodo, when Gotham will released as final version I will work to find differences and fix possibly new problems!

New Version
script.thumbnailscleaner-1.0.9.zip

Code:
v1.0.9:
- Added ability to disable the check for the various sections.
- Improved and cleaned the code.
- Fixed some other little bugs.

Thanks for this mate -- exactly what I've been looking for. With the latest release however, I don't get a response from any of the options on the menu. I click the buttons for each option, and nothing happens. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Never mind my post above -- looking at the log file it would appear the process starts, but there's no visual inidication that the plugin starts -- at least not in the skin I'm using (Arctic II).
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.44