• 9(current)
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.4
(2013-10-28, 13:21)ctawn Wrote: Well, XBMC itself crashes. But anyway, how could I use the QUERY button to delete only images from video add-ons?

Yes, if you know the source url!
Example: If you want to delete all thumbnails generated by the youtube addon, you can query the database using 'youtube' as string, because normally the source url contain http://youtube.com.
LG M227WD - ASUS S1-AT5NM10E - LOGITECH HARMONY 300i - MINI KEYBOARD USB
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04.04 - FRODO 12.03 - Transparency!
Movies: 996 - TV Show: 98 - Albums: 1161

My Script: Rating Update - Thumbnails Cleaner
(2013-10-28, 17:17)m4x1m Wrote:
(2013-10-28, 13:21)ctawn Wrote: Well, XBMC itself crashes. But anyway, how could I use the QUERY button to delete only images from video add-ons?

Yes, if you know the source url!
Example: If you want to delete all thumbnails generated by the youtube addon, you can query the database using 'youtube' as string, because normally the source url contain http://youtube.com.

Great, thanks. I will try. However there must be dozens of sites I'd have to query like this to clean it as needed.

Would it be possible to provide a feature to do what I'm asking here? That is delete all cached images generated by video plugins and don't touch anything else. Thanks.
(2013-11-01, 23:01)ctawn Wrote: Great, thanks. I will try. However there must be dozens of sites I'd have to query like this to clean it as needed.

Would it be possible to provide a feature to do what I'm asking here? That is delete all cached images generated by video plugins and don't touch anything else. Thanks.

I'm sorry. This is not possible because XBMC does not distinguish the images generated by the add ons. All that XBMC returns from database is in the list on my first post (very important), excluded those, the script removes all the rest that normally are images generated by navigation, video/music addons that are not unnecessary for XBMC and I cannot distinguish between them. The script does not remove any important images (posters, fanarts, logos, clearart, actors thumbs, episode thumbs etc), please refer to the list, all the rest can be deleted without problems. If you want keep something, you can add others voice to the pattern in the add on settings, anyway the list that is showed at the the end of the process, just serves to keep any images that you don't want to delete.

Can you explain me what mean 'anything else'. Some examples?

(2013-11-02, 17:58)m4x1m Wrote: Can you explain me what mean 'anything else'. Some examples?

OK, well you say it doesn't ever delete anything important, and by that I also mean posters, fan art, TV series episodes etc. But I guess I really don't understand how it works because as I said before, when I ran a normal default simulation, the list includes file paths that are images stored on my networked volumes! There's no way I want those touched. Can you explain why those appear in the list at all then?

In another matter, in any case I can't seem to do anything without a crash. I tried a query for one video add on web site, and it returned a list successfully. I pressed the "select" button on my remote to select "ALL". Waited about 20-30 seconds, then XMBC crashed. I repeated this again with the same results. Here's the log. In past tests, anytime I try to select ALL after a list is shown, it crashes in the same manner.
(2013-11-03, 19:31)ctawn Wrote: OK, well you say it doesn't ever delete anything important, and by that I also mean posters, fan art, TV series episodes etc. But I guess I really don't understand how it works because as I said before, when I ran a normal default simulation, the list includes file paths that are images stored on my networked volumes! There's no way I want those touched. Can you explain why those appear in the list at all then?

In another matter, in any case I can't seem to do anything without a crash. I tried a query for one video add on web site, and it returned a list successfully. I pressed the "select" button on my remote to select "ALL". Waited about 20-30 seconds, then XMBC crashed. I repeated this again with the same results. Here's the log. In past tests, anytime I try to select ALL after a list is shown, it crashes in the same manner.

Code:
10:57:39 T:157974528  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Database folder selected: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/
10:57:39 T:157974528  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Thumbnails folder selected: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/

Is this right? The script reads all images stored in Thumbnails folder, does not delete images outside of this folder. XBMC stores the path of the images in its database and creates a copy of the images in its thumbnails folder, the script removes those if not finds a relationship in the XBMC database, not the images stored in your network volume.

Code:
Platform: Darwin iOS

Mac?? I tested script with Linux & Windows, but I don't have a Mac and in your debug log I not found any crash about Thumbnail Cleaner Huh I'm sorry!Sad

Those paths are correct. This is Apple TV 2. Cleaning out thumbnail cache is very important on this platform. Available storage is very limited.

With regards to not removing images stored on network volumes, all I can say is that in the results list, almost all the paths are to images on networked volumes.
(2013-11-04, 19:15)ctawn Wrote: With regards to not removing images stored on network volumes, all I can say is that in the results list, almost all the paths are to images on networked volumes.

This is possible. If you browse between folders, XBMC creates little thumbs for every file in the folders, that are not necessary. The real problem is the freeze. I think that the result list is too big and the Apple Tv is not very powerful. Can you make a copy of database and thumbnails folder and put on a fresh installation under windows or linux to test? Angel

m4x1m: Not sure if you're doing so yet, but with Gotham you can query the texture cache over JSON-RPC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-11-05, 23:29)jmarshall Wrote: m4x1m: Not sure if you're doing so yet, but with Gotham you can query the texture cache over JSON-RPC.

Thanks for the info. I'll change the queries when the RC will be available.Wink

I am running this on OpenElec..Tried on a RaspPi and an Atom based Nettop.

After I go the configuration settings, configure everything, I try to run it. I see a grey rectangle pop up and then the settings screen appears over it. No matter what I click, the settings page won't go away and the only way to get out of it is to force a reboot.

I read through, but didn't see anything here. What am I missing/doing wrong?
(2013-11-16, 17:10)sufreak Wrote: I am running this on OpenElec..Tried on a RaspPi and an Atom based Nettop.

After I go the configuration settings, configure everything, I try to run it. I see a grey rectangle pop up and then the settings screen appears over it. No matter what I click, the settings page won't go away and the only way to get out of it is to force a reboot.

Please, post a debug log!

(2013-11-16, 18:53)m4x1m Wrote:
(2013-11-16, 17:10)sufreak Wrote: I am running this on OpenElec..Tried on a RaspPi and an Atom based Nettop.

Please, post a debug log!

Looks like the issue was using a network location as my backup location was the issue. Not sure why though.
Following up...looks like it hosed my ability to add a new show to my library. If I do it from a different device connected to the same shared library, everything comes up fine.

Deleted Thumbnails/textures.db and the thumbnails folder contents. Everything works fine now.
Thank you for your add-on.

I figured I would install this has I was "locked" out of my XBMCbuntu due to the fact my OS partition was full.
I am using MHDDFS to "stripe" my drives together. So my "movies" folder is spanned over a few drives all under the one virtual folder managed by MHDDFS

Do you have any concerns using this file system and your script?

I am in no way an expert (had help from my Linux friends) and I just need some explanations.
1. after you have done the simulation query it brings up a window asking what elements you want to keep... what are these elements it has found and how do I know if I need them?
2. I selected simulation - so if I select none on the elements query I am assuming this wont actually remove them but just show what the outcome would be
3. Do you have a complied help/instruction file/document for noobs?

Thanks
Brad
(2013-12-06, 14:37)Brad_Miller Wrote: Thank you for your add-on.

I figured I would install this has I was "locked" out of my XBMCbuntu due to the fact my OS partition was full.
I am using MHDDFS to "stripe" my drives together. So my "movies" folder is spanned over a few drives all under the one virtual folder managed by MHDDFS

Do you have any concerns using this file system and your script?

I am in no way an expert (had help from my Linux friends) and I just need some explanations.
1. after you have done the simulation query it brings up a window asking what elements you want to keep... what are these elements it has found and how do I know if I need them?
2. I selected simulation - so if I select none on the elements query I am assuming this wont actually remove them but just show what the outcome would be
3. Do you have a complied help/instruction file/document for noobs?

Thanks
Brad

I think yes. The script affects only in the thumbnails folder of XBMC by using the database as a source for comparing the generated images. Don't touches anything outside the thumbnails folder (make a backup anyway - /home/YOURUSER/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails and the textures13.db in Database)

1. To prevent delete of personal images. For example, I've created an extra menu with a custom fanart, when I clean, I keep this image. Normally the result list is composed by the images generated by XBMC like thumbs when you browsing in the folders or external sites, video addons (youtube), etc.

2. Yes, the simulation doesn't delete anything, just copies the files that the script would be to delete, in the folder that you have choosed.

3. No Sad

• 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.44