• 10(current)
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.4
Thanks for your response - I assume your path for the DB is for Windows based system...
Would it be a difficult add-on to your tool for have a back-up feature?
(2013-12-08, 11:22)Brad_Miller Wrote: Thanks for your response - I assume your path for the DB is for Windows based system...
Would it be a difficult add-on to your tool for have a back-up feature?

The path is obtained by the xbmc command, doesn't matter if linux or windows system.
The backup isn't a problem, but is a long operation to make a backup of GB and GB of files in the xbmc.Sleepy
LG M227WD - ASUS S1-AT5NM10E - LOGITECH HARMONY 300i - MINI KEYBOARD USB
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04.04 - FRODO 12.03 - Transparency!
Movies: 996 - TV Show: 98 - Albums: 1161

My Script: Rating Update - Thumbnails Cleaner
the files creted in the process which I put in the root of my movies folder - dds & jpg are they safe to delete?

sorry I just read your previous response

2. Yes, the simulation doesn't delete anything, just copies the files that the script would be to delete, in the folder that you have choosen.

Am I correct in saying that these files in my movies folder are from the simulation and therefore safe to delete...?
(2013-12-11, 18:14)Brad_Miller Wrote: Am I correct in saying that these files in my movies folder are from the simulation and therefore safe to delete...?

If you mean the files that are copied - during simulation - in the folder that you have chosen in the add-on settings, yes, those files you can safely delete.

Yip those ones - thanks!
Hello and Happy New Year!

Your script did not work for me last year but now it seems it does so thank you very much for helping me to tidy up the database of image files (after being very patient with a memory spike of 1.5Gb and 50% CPU usage of about 10 minutes but this was on a WinXP machine and the database of files was about 50.000 files and 2.6 Gb).

However I believe you have asome bugs it it:

- I do not have the log to prove it and I am not sure how to reproduce it: the script does interrogates and it will delete files from the program installation folder (in this case \program files\xbmc\ which should not happen, so I believe the installation path should be added to an exclude list. I am sure on the first / second run it did display Program Files \ xbmc \ someicon.png in the list for "safekeeping".

- if I choose simulate and let it run but at the end I change my mind I can not click "Quit" (or a cancel button maybe ) since it is grayed out but I have only "Proceed" "All" and "None"... Clicking the ESC key on the keyboard seems to run something still.

Also, could you be so kind to tell me what it means in the options "Enter the number of Textures database"... oups silly me, I forgot about the updates from one version of XBMC to another... please ignore this.

Cheers and thanks again.
(2014-01-04, 18:13)gitr Wrote: - I do not have the log to prove it and I am not sure how to reproduce it: the script does interrogates and it will delete files from the program installation folder (in this case \program files\xbmc\ which should not happen, so I believe the installation path should be added to an exclude list. I am sure on the first / second run it did display Program Files \ xbmc \ someicon.png in the list for "safekeeping".

The script manages only the thumbnails folder, the path related to the installation folder appear because the script cleans the thumbnail generated from this path. When you browsing between the addons in the repository, XBMC creates again this thumbs.

(2014-01-04, 18:13)gitr Wrote: - if I choose simulate and let it run but at the end I change my mind I can not click "Quit" (or a cancel button maybe ) since it is grayed out but I have only "Proceed" "All" and "None"... Clicking the ESC key on the keyboard seems to run something still.

Do you really want to quit after the script has processed all? In the simulation, after dialog box, the script copies only the files.

(2014-01-07, 10:41)m4x1m Wrote: The script manages only the thumbnails folder, the path related to the installation folder appear because the script cleans the thumbnail generated from this path. When you browsing between the addons in the repository, XBMC creates again this thumbs.
Thanks for clearing this out for me. Indeed I did not check if anything was actually deleted from the installation folder but I was puzzled that the path was scanned.

(2014-01-04, 18:13)gitr Wrote: - if I choose simulate and let it run but at the end I change my mind I can not click "Quit" (or a cancel button maybe ) since it is grayed out but I have only "Proceed" "All" and "None"... Clicking the ESC key on the keyboard seems to run something still.
(2014-01-07, 10:41)m4x1m Wrote: Do you really want to quit after the script has processed all? In the simulation, after dialog box, the script copies only the files.

*shrug* It is just a matter of having available a 'cancel' option. Usually I would say I would not quit / cancel but imagine that after running it... I see that I have to wait to have about 20.000 files copied in one place and I suddenly need to do something else. Or... I clicked by mistake on the first button... Smile

Cheers.
Download from GoogleDrive
script.thumbnailscleaner-1.1.1.zip

Download & Install my unofficial XBMC repository
repository.m4x1m.zip

Now Gotham Compatible (I hope)

Code:
v1.1.1:
- Added ability to stop the script in the final dialog box (request by gitr).
- Bump Python version to be compatible with Gotham.
- Moved from the old XML language system to the new .PO strings language system. Translations are welcome.
- Minor bugs fixed.

Awesome!!!!
It cleaned 850Mb of unused textures.
With 1.1.0 works great.
Can't install 1.1.1 version. A message says something like "..broken dependencies". In log I found this:

02:09:30 T:5092 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: F:\Mis documentos\Downloads\XBMC\script.thumbnailscleaner-1.1.1.zip\icon.png
(2014-01-19, 04:13)aky75 Wrote: Awesome!!!!
With 1.1.0 works great.
Can't install 1.1.1 version. A message says something like "..broken dependencies". In log I found this:

02:09:30 T:5092 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: F:\Mis documentos\Downloads\XBMC\script.thumbnailscleaner-1.1.1.zip\icon.png

Have you tried the "force refresh" from the context menu of the repository? - Or try to download again!

(2014-01-19, 15:41)m4x1m Wrote:
(2014-01-19, 04:13)aky75 Wrote: Awesome!!!!
With 1.1.0 works great.

Have you tried the "force refresh" from the context menu of the repository? - Or try to download again!

Ok. Dowloading it again worked!!
Everything is fine.

Congratulations for this magnific addon !
Hi m4x1m,
Thumbnails cleaner seems doesn't want to start in my box,when i press clean or simulate button it does nothing.
Here is my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=120518

and some screenshots:

This behavior appears both in xbmc 12.3 and in xbmc minix edition.
Thanks.
(2014-01-31, 10:02)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi m4x1m,
Thumbnails cleaner seems doesn't want to start in my box,when i press clean or simulate button it does nothing.
Here is my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=120518

and some screenshots:

This behavior appears both in xbmc 12.3 and in xbmc minix edition.
Thanks.

The "Before" line stay empty? I don't have possibility to test on android, but I think that this operation is a little hard/slow on android machine!
Can you try to wait until the "Before" line is full? The strange is that in the log I don't find the two lines related to your thumbnails and database paths. Sad

Hi I seem to have a problem as much as I'd want to I can't get this addon to work, I think the main problem is because I have changed my default cache folder to my external hard drive this is the error log

Code:
17:22:44 T:6944   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
                                            Error Contents: (3, 'Het systeem kan het opgegeven pad niet vinden', 'C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\Thumbnails\\*.*')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\tcMainGui.py", line 35, in onInit
                                                Cleaner( self ).setLabelInfo()
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\tcMain.py", line 43, in setLabelInfo
                                                self.exploreThumbnailsFolder( thumbnailsFolder )
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\tcMain.py", line 31, in exploreThumbnailsFolder
                                                for item in os.listdir( thumbnailsFolder ):
                                            WindowsError: (3, 'Het systeem kan het opgegeven pad niet vinden', 'C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\Thumbnails\\*.*')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:22:44 T:8680  NOTICE: Service: 13110 actors took 4.624000072479248
17:22:44 T:8344  NOTICE: Thread CAlarmClock start, auto delete: false
17:22:46 T:6944  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - The cleaning was started at 2014-03-06 17:22:06
17:22:46 T:6944   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: (3, 'Het systeem kan het opgegeven pad niet vinden', 'C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\Thumbnails\\*.*')
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\tcMainGui.py", line 87, in onClick
                                                if controlId == self.idClean: Cleaner( self ).doClean(False)
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\tcMain.py", line 94, in doClean
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\tcMain.py", line 31, in exploreThumbnailsFolder
                                            WindowsError: (3, 'Het systeem kan het opgegeven pad niet vinden', 'C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\Thumbnails\\*.*')
17:22:48 T:2988   ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner
17:22:49 T:4836  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:22:49 T:4836  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:22:49 T:4836  NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Starting Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.1
17:22:49 T:7584  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:22:49 T:7584  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:22:50 T:7584   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\tcMainGui.py", line 35, in onInit
                                                Cleaner( self ).setLabelInfo()
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\tcMain.py", line 43, in setLabelInfo
17:24:11 T:2988  NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
17:24:11 T:2988  NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 5 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 10
17:24:15 T:7584   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\tcMainGui.py", line 89, in onClick
                                                elif controlId == self.idQuery: Cleaner( self ).queryGui()
                                              File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\tcMain.py", line 777, in queryGui
                                                self.setLabelInfo()

From what it looks like it's searching for thumbnails in the wrong directory since it's supposed to be "D:\Cache\xbmc\temp". Hopefully there will be a way to fix this without moving my cache folder forth and b

Edit: Ok nevermind I installed the newest XBMC on my secondary HDD and am running it on portable mode, everything is working fine now! Great addon keep up the good work.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.44