Anyone know how to read crash logs ?
Hello

I just noticed a folder on my Ubuntu 12.10 Minimal XBMC V12.0 Frodo machine that contains several XBMC Crash logs.

http://pastebin.com/N0w7js2H

Not sure how to read these or what I should be looking for?

Can an expert please take a quick peek and have a look?

Many thanks
install gdb
(2013-03-12, 09:55)uNiversal Wrote: install gdb

Uni, thanks for the reply!

I just searched Google for "XBMC gdb" and found this wiki page here which says:

"Linux
The file will be in your user's home directory or the working directory if XBMC was launched from a terminal. It will be named "xbmc_crashlog-[DATE]-[TIME].log" and contain some system information at the top, followed by a stack trace and the contents of xbmc.log. If you didn't have debugging enabled at the time, please enable it and recreate the problem. This feature was added in SVN revision 22194 and relies on the gnu debugger GDB being installed to work."

I then found this: http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/

So is just reading the Crash log and knowing what to look out for not enough?

I guess not as it says "This feature was added in SVN revision 22194 and relies on the gnu debugger GDB being installed to work."

Thanks
no, your talking about when gdb support was added to xbmc

Code:
############### STACK TRACE #################
gdb not installed, can't get stack trace.
############# END STACK TRACE ###############

Code:
sudo apt-get install gdb

next time it crashes the logs will contain extra info, as is, they contain nothing usefull, though im no expert on log files
(2013-03-12, 12:39)uNiversal Wrote: no, your talking about when gdb support was added to xbmc

Code:
############### STACK TRACE #################
gdb not installed, can't get stack trace.
############# END STACK TRACE ###############

Code:
sudo apt-get install gdb

next time it crashes the logs will contain extra info, as is, they contain nothing usefull, though im no expert on log files

OK thanks Uni, I have now installed gdb. I will look out for any new crash logs and post one up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone know how to read crash logs ?0