Playing ISO's on Raspberry Pi appears to be pretty buggy.
So I've been trying to play my DVD ISO files on the Raspberry......I've never used XBMC on any other platform so I don't have anything else to compare it to. Playing ISO's appears to be a pretty mixed bag.....when I try one of the following happens:

1. The ISO simply won't play.
2. The first chapter appears to start playing but nothing shows on the screen. If I click the "previous chapter" button then sometimes the DVD menu will pop up.
3. If the DVD menu pops up then I can sometimes hit "enter" and have the DVD start playing.
4. The ISO will start playing but freeze in the first chapter.
5. My Raspberry Pi crashes and reboots. (It does this every time I try to play my ISO of John Carter)
6. The first chapter won't play. If I hit the next chapter button the 2nd chapter will play but if I try to go back to play the 1st chapter the file crashes and kicks me back out to the XBMC interface.

I would be very appreciative of feedback from other members on what their experiences are playing ISO's on the Raspberry and if there are any things I can do to increase my success rate of playing ISO's.
this is well discussed in other thread/s so dont see the point starting another Huh
My apologies, I'm a new XBMC user. I will look through the forum for the other threads. If there are any particularly good ones you can point me towards for reference I would be grateful. Smile
True... DVD .iso playing a bit "not cooked" yet.. Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1267950

i think this says all >
(2013-03-12, 01:27)Big_Willy_Style Wrote: My apologies, I'm a new XBMC user. I will look through the forum for the other threads. If there are any particularly good ones you can point me towards for reference I would be grateful. Smile

you can try my and polybius's addon,
it works for DVD, ISO and VIDEO_TS...there are no menus but it works well

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=7623

Edit: it works for raspbmc and xbian, but i do not think it works for openelec (unless you know a way to add packages to the os)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing ISO's on Raspberry Pi appears to be pretty buggy.0