Background animations on the home screen
Hi, great skin thanks to everyone who's worked on it.

It may be because I'm using this on a Raspberry Pi (512MB, storage on USB, OC to 900MHz), but do the animation's on the home screen use different time settings under certain conditions? Sometimes they look like they fade from one to another, other times it fades to black then fades the new one in, and the duration of the effect doesn't appear consistent?

Example, starting on TV:
Press down to movies, background fades to black, then movies background fades in.
Press up to TV, background fades to the TV background.
Press down to movies, background fades to movies background.
Press up to TV, background fades to the TV background.
Press down to movies, background fades to black, then movies background fades in?

At first glance it looks like a memory issue, but if you repeat those exact steps (down -> up -> down -> up ...) between two items most of the time it will fade background/background but sometimes it fades to black in between. If it was a memory issue I would expect it to do the bg/bg transition after both were loaded, and go to black the first time you change items. If you repeat those steps between two items after a few you will see the black background fade between transitions.

Does anyone else see this too or is it just me? Any ideas on how to fix it? Using reFocus BIG 0.87.1.
Why don't you put this post in the proper reFocus BIG thread? I will give you a hint though: reFocus BIG is not the optimal skin to use on a low end hardware like Raspberry Pi. Original reFocus will work just fine
(2013-03-12, 21:29)baruchin Wrote: Why don't you put this post in the proper reFocus BIG thread
Done. I can't delete this thread, if a mod sees it feel free to.

(2013-03-12, 21:29)baruchin Wrote: I will give you a hint though: reFocus BIG is not the optimal skin to use on a low end hardware like Raspberry Pi. Original reFocus will work just fine
You'd be surprised what the Pi can handle if you put storage on USB and overclock. The issue doesn't occur in media views (using List view, fanart on right, global fanart background enabled), or when the background for the current item cycles, only when you change items. Everywhere else the transition is smooth.
Further discussion will be conducted here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1363959

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background animations on the home screen0