Win RE: Video Playback very choppy
Hey guys;

I haven't used XBMC in a while due to problems using it in the past, but I decided to check out the latest update (Frodo). I've been using it for about a week now, without issues. But today, I rebooted my computer and started up XBMC to start playing some movies... and every video plays back at like a frame every two seconds. Video playback is very choppy, and audio stutters with the video (as if my computer isn't fast enough... although it is). According to the Task Manager, there is no excessive load on my CPU... so that doesn't seem to be the issue. RAM isn't overloaded either, as it was the only program running besides Mozilla Thunderbird. I've updated my codec pack (K-lite) to the latest version, re-installed XBMC (frodo)

XBMC is set up as a Windowed fullscreen option on my second screen, which is a HDTV fed via HDMI. Computer is an Intel i5 2500k, 8 Gigs RAM, 7200rpm hard drives, a GTX 560SE.

This happens with all video files, no matter the filetype, resolution or framerate. VLC seems to play back the files just fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
It could be your audio settings.

Try using the TV settings @ http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aud...ings_Guide
Well... it appears that I changed my audio settings today (I switch between HDMI audio and my computer's surround sound system) and selected "WASPI" or whatever it was, as my HDMI out... not directsound.

Thanks for pointing that out. Should serve as an option for those with this problem in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RE: Video Playback very choppy0