Switch back to previous input source after hibernation
I am not sure if its XBMC to blame but i suppose so. Everything works fine but there is something that is bugging me. Lets start with my setup:
  1. HTPC - Sapphire EDGE HD3
  2. Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter
  3. Philips TV
I mainly control XBMC using the philips remote but i also have a Bluetooth Micro Keyboard from Pulse-Eight. The HTPC i rarely used and most of the time i sped infront the TV set is for watching OTA TV.

I am very lazy and want to have everything with a press of a one button. Because of that i hibernate my HTPC. Then it is possible to turn it on just by switching the input to HDMI #1 and after few seconds i have XBMC on my screen. When i finish using XBMC i have to hibernate it (in order to wake it up remotely) and then i expect the TV to switch back to the TV channel i was watching previously - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. After spending some time i was able to reproduce it. If i shutdown the PC and then boot it up every way for terminating XBMC (Exit XBMC, Shutdown, Hibernate) would make the TV set change the input to OTA TV. Once the PC is hibernated every method for terminating XBMC leaves to a blank screen and a message "No input signal".

While i was reproducing it debug mode (in order to obtain a log file) something strange happened - instead of booting after second hibernation the HTPC went off (back to hibernation i suppose) right after the BIOS screen. I tried to wake it up again via the remote control (2 times) and finally XBMC loaded but crashed after ~ 3 seconds.

I use XBMCLauncherat but switching back to the previous active source was buggy before i was aware of it. I was living with it till i read about about the update of libcec and decided to check if it would solve my problem - instead of that my remote stopped working at all. Because of that i went with with nightly build from 10-Mar-2013.

Here is what did in details:
  1. Restarted the HTPC (remotely from RD connection) while watching OTA TV => the TV changed the active source to HDMI#1 as it should when XBMC is fully loaded
  2. Hibernated the HTPC => the TV set went back to OTA TV source
  3. Waking up the HTPC from the remote (by changing the input to HDMI#1) => XBMC loads
  4. Hibernating again => Black screen and message “No input signal” (the active input source is still HDMI#1)
  5. In order to wake it up i switched the input to HDM#1 (while it is the active source) => and from now the HTPC refused to wake up properly. At the end XBMC crashed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch back to previous input source after hibernation0